Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #1

Awning Question

I've had an issue with my awning extending ever since I bought it. Anytime I extend it, it rolls up on itself and the only way it will extend is if I push it. I've had it into the dealer numerous times for the issue and at one point they replaced both arms, but that never solved the issue. Also anytime I retract it it seems very loose and wrinkles. This can't be normal right? Also today I went to extract it and this metal clip came flying off one of the arms. Am I expecting too much for this awning to extend on its' own without me pushing on it?
Attached Thumbnails
awning_01.jpg  
Old 08-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #2

You’re not expecting too much. It should work properly on its own, mine does. It may be a pain, but you should tracks it back and make them fix it so it works properly. You may even want to contact Jayco and talk to them about the problem and what’s been done unsuccessfully so far. I’ve had to do that a couple time with FCA on my truck.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelO View Post
You’re not expecting too much. It should work properly on its own, mine does. It may be a pain, but you should tracks it back and make them fix it so it works properly. You may even want to contact Jayco and talk to them about the problem and what’s been done unsuccessfully so far. I’ve had to do that a couple time with FCA on my truck.
I plan on contacting the dealer again tomorrow so I can take it back in. Didn't think about contacting Jayco. That's a good idea so at least there's record with them of the issue from me.
PhillyPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #4

Phillyphan, you and I could go back and forth with the same camper I recently posted about my awning wrinkling on the ends. This year I actually pushed the button too long and it started to roll up the wrong way. Just reversed it and it went back. On our last trip I did the tilt angle to extend one arm and drop the other. They didn't move real easily, but I got it to work. Mine also has a little sag to it. Sorry, I didn't answer your question, just sharing my experiences as I haven't encountered "yet" what you have.

2019 RAM Big Horn 1500 5.7 Hemi

2019 Jayflight 28BHS - SOLD
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crew Max -Retired
SE Michigan
justlb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlb33 View Post
Phillyphan, you and I could go back and forth with the same camper I recently posted about my awning wrinkling on the ends. This year I actually pushed the button too long and it started to roll up the wrong way. Just reversed it and it went back. On our last trip I did the tilt angle to extend one arm and drop the other. They didn't move real easily, but I got it to work. Mine also has a little sag to it. Sorry, I didn't answer your question, just sharing my experiences as I haven't encountered "yet" what you have.
Yeah it sucks. It's been this way since I bought it. The only way it will extend is if I give it a push while moving it out. If I don't give it the push it kind of just unrolls and becomes loose but never extends.