Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #11

I purchased one to install but haven't installed it yet. Quickie flush purchased from amazon for a bit over 20 bucks. Probably throw it in this spring before our season get under way.

jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenoble99 View Post
I purchased one to install but haven't installed it yet. Quickie flush purchased from amazon for a bit over 20 bucks. Probably throw it in this spring before our season get under way.
When you install it, route the inlet and mount it near your valves. That way you dont have to drag a hose around the other side of the camper.

lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx22f/c View Post
When you install it, route the inlet and mount it near your valves. That way you dont have to drag a hose around the other side of the camper.
+1 It's not cool having some utilities off the back of the coach and others off the side...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #14

My connection for the black tank flush is right above the fresh water fill hole. What a stupid place to put it.
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #15

I understand people have there own way of doing things. But your going to tell me not one person here has had an issue with closing there black tank valve and operating the tank flush. It is not recommended to do in the owners manual and damage can happen. I would like to hear from some of you who had problems doing this. As I said earlier there is a check valve that can be damaged so becarefull. Just dont want to see what happened to my buddy happen to anyone else. Best of luck to everyone who does this. On my last trailer it did not have a tank flush so I added the Tornado tank flush. They also did not recommend leaving the valve closed while operating it.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #16

I've never tried it with the valves closed, I'm anxiously awaiting more feedback from those who have before I try it...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE

Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #17

After reading Donedroolin's posts I looked in my manual (2013 Jay Flight) and there was actually no mention made at all regarding the black tank flush. I believe that 2013 was the first year Jayco offered the flush valve on the Jay Flight, so I also looked in the 2014 manual, and there's no mention of it there either. So I just called Jayco and asked. The lady was very nice on the phone and her exact words to me were, "You could close the valve but we don't recommend it simply because if you leave it unattended, the tank will overflow." So I asked if there was any other reason not to close it, such as a check valve and she said, "No, the only reason we can't recommend it is because of the potential for overflow."

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #18

I installed the QF on my '12 26BH. I often run it with the valve closed, however I never walk away. If I had to walk away for a minute, I would open the valves just in case.
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #19

I think your right about it not saying it in the owners manual. I believe I read it in the instuctions from the manufaturer of the black tank flush. When I get home I will look and try to find it.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaul View Post
After reading Donedroolin's posts I looked in my manual (2013 Jay Flight) and there was actually no mention made at all regarding the black tank flush. I believe that 2013 was the first year Jayco offered the flush valve on the Jay Flight, so I also looked in the 2014 manual, and there's no mention of it there either. So I just called Jayco and asked. The lady was very nice on the phone and her exact words to me were, "You could close the valve but we don't recommend it simply because if you leave it unattended, the tank will overflow." So I asked if there was any other reason not to close it, such as a check valve and she said, "No, the only reason we can't recommend it is because of the potential for overflow."
This is kind of where I was at with this. They're trying to cover themselves in the event that someone leaves it unattended and ends up with a HUGE mess in the commode area. It seems like the check valve wouldn't be an issue (unless you got to overflow) because the flow would be one way. Water into the tank, air out the vent (again, unless you overfill and get to the top of the tank). It seems to me that if you are careful and don't leave it unattended and don't overfill, you should be fine.

If you think about it, is there really any difference whether the water is entering the tank from the tank flush or from the toilet? When it's full, it's full and will overflow. Before that, you should be okay. Right?

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE