Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #1

Dimmer for LED puck lights in Jay Flight 174bh or similar models

Does anyone know of a dimmer that will ACTUALLY work with the Command Electronics Model 001-1050/1051 puck/round flush mount lights in a 2017 Jay Flight travel trailer?

K-1051SQ/K1050Q NEW: LOW PROFILE ROUND SURFACE MOUNT LED, CEILING LIGHT W/ SWITCH — Command Electronics

The manufacturer wasn't any help and I haven't been able to find anything yet. It seems that because these are daisy chained together and don't act like normal or other LED's lights in some other campers they are harder to be able to just hook up a dimmer like the JR Products ones as they don't seem to work correctly to use in this application.

There are like 8 of these in my 17 ft. trailer and they are BRIGHT and I want to be able to dim them. Seems like they put these all over the place in my trailer and with just one of them on it's really bright - especially at night.

Anyone have anything that has actually worked?
**please don't just send me links to different dimmer switches as they have to be proven to work for me to waste my time with everyone that THINKS they have an answer!
Attached Thumbnails
led light push button.jpg  
esunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #2

I have the identical puck lights in my White Hawk. I installed two of these dimmer switches from ECO LED and the work fine for me. I also cut and installed photography filters in each light to warm them up...I hate the harsh white light of these puck lights. You can see how they came out here: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...tml#post443159
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #3

I dont think your led puck lights are the same as mine. yours seem to have more housing around them. Did you look at my link to the ones I have. There is another guy on here that seems to have the same ones as you on his 174bh, but mine are different than both of yours. Seems odd since mine is a 2017 (but I purchased in Oct 2016) and they are different than some of others that Jayco makes.
esunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #4

Unit is in storage, so I can't check. But even if they're not exactly the same, the inner workings look quite the same. You could always order the switch, give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out return it for a refund. I know you wanted a definitive recommendation, but this is the best I can do. Good luck.
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by esunday View Post
Seems odd since mine is a 2017 (but I purchased in Oct 2016) and they are different than some of others that Jayco makes.
Not really surprising to me. I noticed from looking around that the exterior lights on 2017 Jay Feather 25BH models that they have changed mid model year. The change happened around 10/16 from what I can tell.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I have the identical puck lights in my White Hawk. I installed two of these dimmer switches from ECO LED and the work fine for me. I also cut and installed photography filters in each light to warm them up...I hate the harsh white light of these puck lights. You can see how they came out here: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...tml#post443159
I also used photography filters to dim mine down a little. They are still bright to look at but it now doesn't have that bright white look anymore. It will shade into a different more softer color. I used even 2-3 layers of the film for the light over my bed and in the bunks. For the awning lights see my thread on a dimmer install with remote. It works good so far.

Amazon link to filter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FX...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon link to dimmer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ME...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Install of dimmer thread and step light MOD

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...mod-43826.html

Hope this help!
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #7

I think each puck light and many others should all be individually switched! Every LED interior light should have its own control.

I met a man in California that had a 2017 Jayco Featherlite. Each puck was switched.

The nice new bed reading lights are excellent! Two colors and brightness levels all in one on/off button.
Eagle Trail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dimmer, jayflight 174bh, led, lights, switch