Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2021, 08:33 PM   #1

Dometic cook top removal?

We have a Dometic cooktop stove in our Jayco 2019 Jayflight 26BH and we got a recall notice on a gas leak on stove and we need to get to label that states model and serial number so we can identify if it is a recall cooktop. All instructions we have seen do not work and noticed 2 sheet metal screws that hold cooktop to oven and it seems whole unit tries to come out, but was afraid if I pulled too hard, we might tear something out.YouTube shows black part that surrounds burners is detachable, but ours is all one complete piece with controls, burners and everything. Has anyone had this issue yet or any experience with removal to find the identification label?
BigFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:10 PM   #2

We have a 2019 Jay Flight SLX 264BHW and today I checked my stove for the Model #, Item # and Legacy # as required by the "Recall" information. The 3-burner stove required me to pull forward on the stovetop to disengage the 2 spring loaded clips located on the back of the stovetop in order to lift it up and see the nameplate data sticker located on the inside.

After I determined that our stove is NOT part of the recall, I put the stovetop back in place and reengaged the 2 spring loaded clips.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:47 AM   #3

Impact of capping the stove off to continue use.

In my 2019 25RB jay feather trailer. I had to 'help' the springs at the back to release.
Would have been nice to get this notice last fall/winter when known instead of camping season and limited parts availability.
QUESTION:
Is the furnace on the same tree as the stovetop?
I saw a diagram that showed it on the same branch w/stovetop and opposite the fridge branch.
Since I capped off the stove (mine did trigger my gas sniffer tool) but it seems to have blocked the furnace from getting propane. The unit will start but shut off as fuel does not seem to get to it to fire up. I've got fuel all the way through to the BBQ outlet at the tail. And the fridge still works on propane.
RobLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:25 PM   #4

Open the cabinet under sink, and look towards oven, the sticker is also on the side with all the info you need. At least it was on my 2019 32bhds.

My oven was actually leaking, still waiting for recall parts to arrive and be installed.
Matt14 is offline   Reply With Quote