Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #1

Fair market value 2017 jayco hummingbird 17rk baja

I'm new to RV lifestyle and certainly do not have inside knowledge of the RV industry, and finding it impossible to attain an invoice price on a 2017 JAYCO HB 17RK BAJA. Looking for all options with or without the bike rack and grill....if it helps.

I'm hoping to ask what other buyers have paid, post, PM or email greatly appreciated. Just an effort to avoid over-paying because it looks like I'll be needing better tires and 30" scissor jacks x4.

TIA Fel...
Felony Entertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felony Entertainment View Post
I'm new to RV lifestyle and certainly do not have inside knowledge of the RV industry, and finding it impossible to attain an invoice price on a 2017 JAYCO HB 17RK BAJA. Looking for all options with or without the bike rack and grill....if it helps.

I'm hoping to ask what other buyers have paid, post, PM or email greatly appreciated. Just an effort to avoid over-paying because it looks like I'll be needing better tires and 30" scissor jacks x4.

TIA Fel...
Fully loaded, I'd guess somewhere in the range of $17k-18k + tax for that model.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #3

17-18k is a fair deal for a loaded Baja. We do 16,9k, but it also depends on location. Most dealers invoice is 15-16 depending on freight
RVStealsAndDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #4

We paid a bit less than what tundra01 mentioned, but we had to drive to Indiana to get the trailer for that deal. It was a bit over 17 with the grill AND the WD hitch purchased and installed.

I know tundra01 replaced his stabilizing jacks, but so far, I haven't seen the need. The factory jacks on our HB 17RK Baja have enough travel that it hasn't been a problem. As for the tires, again, the Goodyears that came from the factory are working fine, though I do get a little more bounce than I'd like over our fine smooth roads in the SW
Jmcdermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #5

Baja RK

Big thanks to all.

So a bit of a story. I had a purchase order at CW here in town, originally for $18,750. I called around the area a bit and got an out the door price of $18,043 for the same trailer, apples to apples. I felt its fair market value, albeit higher end.

Came back to CW in town, said they would price match it only if we financed thru them. I said no. However, I will provide a cashier's check the next day. He explained how he would "get his points", if I financed with CW and how its no big difference on my end.

Again I said no. So he informed me without the financing he would require $1,500 on top of the $18,043. Well beyond our original PO of $18,750.
So I took it as a compliment to this forum when he said "I did my homework and the math was pretty good."

I am now working with a dealership within the surrounding area, and he reassured me there would be no problem accepting a cashiers check from me for $18,043. Shocking!
Felony Entertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felony Entertainment View Post
Big thanks to all.

So a bit of a story. I had a purchase order at CW here in town, originally for $18,750. I called around the area a bit and got an out the door price of $18,043 for the same trailer, apples to apples. I felt its fair market value, albeit higher end.

Came back to CW in town, said they would price match it only if we financed thru them. I said no. However, I will provide a cashier's check the next day. He explained how he would "get his points", if I financed with CW and how its no big difference on my end.

Again I said no. So he informed me without the financing he would require $1,500 on top of the $18,043. Well beyond our original PO of $18,750.
So I took it as a compliment to this forum when he said "I did my homework and the math was pretty good."

I am now working with a dealership within the surrounding area, and he reassured me there would be no problem accepting a cashiers check from me for $18,043. Shocking!
Good news - congrats on your soon to be new TT
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fmv