Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #1

Front light switch- 17 White Hawk 27DSRL

Wondering if anyone knows the part number or has a replacement suggestion for the light switch for the front cap LED lights. Our switch has a clear urethane type cover that has gotten ripped and no longer weather proofs the switch.
BKHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKHE View Post
Wondering if anyone knows the part number or has a replacement suggestion for the light switch for the front cap LED lights. Our switch has a clear urethane type cover that has gotten ripped and no longer weather proofs the switch.

Mine too. If you are close to your dealer it should still be under warranty

2016 WhiteHawk 27DSRL
2017 F250 (Diesel)
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:44 AM   #3

jamaddox:

So I tried to avoid a trip to dealer (laziness) and tried to seal it up well only to have the switch get wet while washing it and start shorting (lights on dim when switch off). I discovered there is easy access to the wires from the storage cabinet. I think I will mount the switch inside the nice and dry cabinet and then find a way to seal the hole on the exterior. Maybe fashion my own piece of aluminum, screw it on and then put a reflector on top to dress it up?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #4

Mine as well....Less than two years old. I was told I would have to leave the TT for a couple weeks and would be a long process with my warranty. I decided to silicone it up temporarily (I never use the lights anyhow). I found this on Amazon and ordered them. Will try the repair myself.....

They are listed as:
uxcell 5 Pcs Clear White Silicone Waterproof Rocker Switch Protect Cover Round Caps

2nd pic is what it looked like before I gooped it up with silicone....
Attached Thumbnails
61K9GoLCpwL._SL1100_.jpg   20180407_153421.jpg  

Current: 2012 GMC 2500HD Denali
Sold: 2009 GMC Sierra 1500
Danjo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #5

When I was under warranty, I brought this issue up to Camping World where I purchased unit. All they did was give me a new rubber cap and filled the inside void with plumbers putty!
I live in the Pacific NW where rain rules the day and water would leak inside the split cap and short out the lights. They would stay on for days until it dried out.
Just this week I finally had enough and removed the switch and a short piece of panel wall just inside and to the left of my drivers side pass thru door (which was just there to hide their terrible wiring job from the mfgr), disassembled the switch, removed the wires and pulled them to the inside of the pass thru. Ran the excess wiring up to a safe point that could be easily reached and mounted the switch and mounting plate inside the pass thru. I open this side of the pass thru 1st when camping as all necessary equipment is there (blocks,pipe,chocks,etc). Made template and cut off a strong piece of plastic the same shape/size as the switch was mounted on, painted it to match the diamond plate, and putty/screwed the plate in place of the old.
No new switch was needed and after I removed the panel wall and rewired their terrible job, I gained about 1 sqft of additional storage, plus saved about $10 using the old switch.
Sorry, I didnt take any pics
Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
The panel might just not conceal the horrible wiring job. They had to remove the ‘swaymaster’ break device so they probably had to just cover up the excess. Mine was done by the dealer so I don’t know how mine looks. I did get two reflectors though because I guess that is how the factory said to fix it
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #7

My 2017 WH 24RKS was set up like that. By the middle of the 1st summer the plastic cover was gone. On my 2018 WH 28RL they have moved the switch to the pass thru storage area 👍
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #8

After reading these responses....I may just relocate the switch as TurboFan did.....

Old 04-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #9

Either that or remove the cracked silicone cover and put a rain tight cover over the whole thing. It is kinda big though....

Found one here:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...-UGY/301940682

Or this:
https://www.graybar.com/store/en/gb/...#{Color:Black}
Attached Thumbnails
gray-leviton-boxes-brackets-5981-ugy-64_1000.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #10

I store my mandatory setup/breakdown equipment in the same compartment so it’s always the 1st on open. If dire need calls there’s always the LED light on my electric jack.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:58 PM   #11

new owner of a Jayco Eagle 33rsts. Not sure where any thing is, as we bought it and had it delivered and did not get a PDI.
Can you guide us to the switch that turns the front cap lights on?
Can you tell us where the converter is located?
Can you tell us how to set the inverter?
I have always found out the Forum is the best place to get your info as they have been there and done that.
Thank you !
T.J. Weaks
tjweaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #12

Turbofan nails the solution! I just returned from a camping trip and discovered the front light switch is no longer working. This is the second switch and the replacement was installed by Apache Village in St. Louis. They painted the switch white because they did not have a black switch in stock. In any case, the switch needs replacement again and I will follow Turbofan’s advice and do it myself. Apparently the original design engineer for Jayco lives in Arizona but the new design engineer lives in a climate where it rains.
LarryLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #13

OEM solution

I try to keep my camper in OEM status. After pulling the part, and hours of research, I found a company in Poland that had the plastic cover specifically for this part. I have included the invoice that includes the details needed to order your replacement translucent cover. I replaced mine on December 5, 2019 and have had no issues after replacing. I would advise that due to the unit cost And the high shipping cost, buy some extra covers.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
fdeaners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #14

Thanks for the info! I ended up moving the switch inside the cargo area, mounted to the panel that protects the front wiring. I then cut and painted an aluminum piece the same size as the original bracket to cover the exterior hole. Has been trouble free since my orig post..