Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #1

Furrion Fireplace

Our 2019 Eagle came with a flush mount furrion fireplace that kept giving us the flashing red light signal. Manual calls it a proximity sensor alert but there is nothing in the way of the sensors. When I called Furrion they said to remove fireplace and test it as a free standing unit. I did and now it works great!! Should I put it back in and modify it to a partial flush mount? That would give it more air flow through the top vents which are blocked when totally flush mounted.
Note: The customer service person at furrion did not understand how the proximity sensors work. They look like cameras but maybe they sense air flow restrictions?
Grandpawlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:00 AM   #2

Mine started fine here in Michigan last weekend but shut off and gave me a flashing 88 message. I shut off power to the fire place at the breaker box for a few minutes. When I reclosed the breaker the fireplace worked good.
adwjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpawlee View Post
Our 2019 Eagle came with a flush mount furrion fireplace that kept giving us the flashing red light signal. Manual calls it a proximity sensor alert but there is nothing in the way of the sensors. When I called Furrion they said to remove fireplace and test it as a free standing unit. I did and now it works great!! Should I put it back in and modify it to a partial flush mount? That would give it more air flow through the top vents which are blocked when totally flush mounted.
Note: The customer service person at furrion did not understand how the proximity sensors work. They look like cameras but maybe they sense air flow restrictions?
From other threads from other forums I’ve heard of them needing more airflow. So the proximity of the surrounding mount wasn’t allowing enough air exchange. They fabricated vents above, below, or beside the fireplace to allow it to “breathe” more. Seems it was/is an issue on some of the “Open Range” campers too. Once it was free standing it could “breathe” and that proved the issue
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #4

Mine did the same thing then I realized the glass front had become misaligned when traveling. I took the glass front off and rehung correctly back into the 4 tabs. Works perfect now.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:36 AM   #5

Furrion fireplace update

I submitted a question to etrailer and got a very helpful response. I am hoping to include a link but am not sure how to do it. Anyway you can find the answer if u search their site for the 34” Furrion Fireplace.
Basically false readings come from two sources according to thus answer: 1 Open Range put their mantle too close on new models. 2 If the blower motor overheats then that will kick on the proximity sensor fault! That would explain the extra venting solution. But what is wrong with this picture?! If u use the fireplace as intended to heat the front room it is your fault that it overheats and triggers the proximity sensors!
Furrion has agreed to replace this unit so i am waiting on Jayco to come through under warranty. What if this problem is not corrected with the new unit?
Attached Thumbnails
F6A9BF14-FB09-4B3F-BAFB-9BE559A270FC.png  
Old 01-07-2019, 08:45 AM   #6

Update

[QUOTE=Grandpawlee;705125]Our 2019 Eagle came with a flush mount furrion fireplace that kept giving us the flashing red light signal. Manual calls it a proximity sensor alert but there is nothing in the way of the sensors. When I called Furrion they said to remove fireplace and test it as a free standing unit. I did and now it works great!! Should I put it back in and modify it to a partial flush mount? That would give it more air flow through the top vents which are blocked when totally flush mounted.
UPDATE Sooo I replaced our first fireplace under warranty. Took 5 weeks. The new one was giving some false proximity sensor shutdowns too but less frequent. After reading a post on Grand Design forum about same problem I decided to take off the back and disconnect the proximity sensors from the main board. EZPZ except for the multitude of tiny attachment screws. EZ to trace and the male part if the harness just clips right out of the board. Back together and installed as a partial flush mount it has worked perfectly for over a week now.
Attached Thumbnails
C7B317CF-1396-418A-8E0B-B4E813B0745D.jpg