Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #1

gas furnce noise

I have a 2020 Eagle Jayco 330 RSTS, and after the last time we had to use our heat. We noticed the loud noise coming from the exhaust of the furnace that was very loud and difficult to sleep. Any suggestions as to what this is and can it be corrected. Thanks. Not sure if you can adjust air- gas flow like the water heater, this also causes the same type of noise.
2500RAM2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #2
Site Team

There's no adjusting it in place, unfortunately. It'll have to be removed and bench tested and adjusted if that's what it takes. It sounds like it may become a warranty issue.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #3

Compare the noise to the noise of someone else's furnace. I'm thinking you'll find that the noise is normal. They do make quite a bit of noise. I can always tell when my neighbors in the campground are running their furnace.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:51 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
Compare the noise to the noise of someone else's furnace. I'm thinking you'll find that the noise is normal. They do make quite a bit of noise. I can always tell when my neighbors in the campground are running their furnace.
Yep.

We were camping last weekend, and when a 5ver, about 200 feet away, heater fired up all night long, we could hear it very clearly. Wifey asked me in the morning, "did you hear that furnace cycle all night long?"

This is why I run a electric ceramic space heater in my rig, I got tired of listening to that noise all night long.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote