Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2022, 07:37 PM   #1

How to install haloview onto pre wired furrion ports

I am trying to wire up my haloview side cameras but wires that are in the furrion are black, brown, yellow and red. I am not sure what these correspond to on the haloview wires which are bundled as a ground and as a 12-24 volts. Any help or images would help greatly.
Josehuspband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:22 AM   #2

I'm going to do the same thing too and in mid of research. See whether below link helps. Let us know how it works out for you! Good luck and have fun!

https://www.haloview.com/blog/how-to...-backup-camera
enujmarathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:46 PM   #3

Trying to install the Haloview side marker cameras now into 2022 Jayflight 264bh which has the jaySMART marker lights. As Jose says above, the wires are red black yellow brown in the original marker light. I could tell yellow was turn signal but that’s all I could figure out. So far camera isn’t working. In fact the rear camera that was super easy with the supplied fusion to Haloview adapter worked in a snap. But after cutting off the OEM marker light the rear camera quit working. Turning into a nightmare so far. I’ll have to play with it some more when I get time. I think my volt meter died and is 1/2 my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Klwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:45 AM   #4

~

This is not rocket science, anyone with a few DIY skills can do it.

The Haloview rear camera simply plugs into the Furrion ready connector if provided. If not, you'll need to power it with the constant 12 VDC power going to any tail light (see below).

Some RVs also have a side camera Furrion ready connector. If not, you'll need to connect each wire individually (see below).

You first need to identify three wires at each front side light location on the Jayco RV.

12 VDC power - To power the cameras.

12 VDC turn signal power (on some Jayco's with the JaySMART feature that blinks the side lights with the tail lights).

Ground - to provide a return path for both.

Even without schematics or knowing the color codes, you can easily identify all of these wires with a simple multimeter (I assume you have and know how to use a multimeter for measuring both resistance (Ohms) and DC voltage (VDC) for the following instructions. If not, let me know and I can provide further instructions).

First, identify the Ground wire so you can then use it to help find the others.

1). Disconnect the tow vehicle's trailer light connector.

The ground wire will have ~0-4 Ohms continuity with the RV's chassis (any non-painted portion) or the RV's battery's negative (black) terminal. Once you clearly identify the ground wire, label it and then connect it to the multimeter's COM terminal for the following voltage measurements.

2). Connect the tow vehicle's trailer light connector.

3). Turn on the tow vehicle's tail lights only (no turn lights).

The 12 VDC power wire will read a constant 12 VDC with the tail lights on (even if they were blinking). Once you identify this wire, label it "12VDC".

4). Turn on the tow vehicle's emergency flasher.

The 12 VDC turn signal power wire will alternately read 0VDC and 12VDC in sync with the blinking lights. Once you identify this wire, label it "Turn Signal" or "Blinker".

5). Once you identify these wires then simply follow the instructions provided with the Haloview side cameras. Basically, the ground wire goes to the Haloview wire labeled GND or "-". The constant power wire goes to the Haloview wire labeled 12VDC or CAM. The 12 VDC turn signal power wire goes to the remaining wire.

Keep in mind that the cameras will only ever be powered on when the RV's trailer lights are on. This is how Jayco wired the constant 12 VDC power wire for the cameras. They didn't want the cameras to remain powered on when the RV was not being towed. No cameras will appear active on the Haloview head unit unless the tail lights are on.

If you think that you're having any problems with wiring the Haloview head unit, let me know and I can also help with that.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:21 AM   #5

Thanks Hal. I tried exactly as you outlined before the original post. Per meter, I had red (12v constant with running light), yellow (12v turn signal blink), black ground. The problem is a 4th brown wire that didn’t seem to make sense with the meter. It didn’t seem to ring ground or 12v ever. At best it out out 3v at some point but I don’t recall when or how, and maybe have been a bad connection. I left it off thinking maybe it’s some other non-needed function. Know how the simple Haloview side worked 3 wires is all it needs. Side marker Camera worked for 5 mins then went out after first time turn signal was checked and they some how turned both Haloview rear and side cameras dark (no power). The rear Haloview was simple, connected furion power adapter and worked fine until I messed with the side marker light.

If the 4th wire (brown) was just a 2nd ground it should make any difference if used. But when I disconnected it the opposite side marker light didn’t work right either. I think the turn signal part on opposite side quit or was real dim. By this time it was raining too hard to continue and my meter battery was dying.

I’ve read some posts that mention a jaySMART light controller unit that’s I’ve located in the front cargo bay. Next I’m going to remove the panel and see what it says there.

For lack of my frustration I asked the dealer to install at time of purchase but they “never heard of Haloview” and only willing to install their Furion cameras.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klwoods View Post
Thanks Hal. I tried exactly as you outlined before the original post. Per meter, I had red (12v constant with running light), yellow (12v turn signal blink), black ground. The problem is a 4th brown wire that didn’t seem to make sense with the meter. It didn’t seem to ring ground or 12v ever. At best it out out 3v at some point but I don’t recall when or how, and maybe have been a bad connection. I left it off thinking maybe it’s some other non-needed function. Know how the simple Haloview side worked 3 wires is all it needs. Side marker Camera worked for 5 mins then went out after first time turn signal was checked and they some how turned both Haloview rear and side cameras dark (no power). The rear Haloview was simple, connected furion power adapter and worked fine until I messed with the side marker light.

If the 4th wire (brown) was just a 2nd ground it should make any difference if used. But when I disconnected it the opposite side marker light didn’t work right either. I think the turn signal part on opposite side quit or was real dim. By this time it was raining too hard to continue and my meter battery was dying.

I’ve read some posts that mention a jaySMART light controller unit that’s I’ve located in the front cargo bay. Next I’m going to remove the panel and see what it says there.

For lack of my frustration I asked the dealer to install at time of purchase but they “never heard of Haloview” and only willing to install their Furion cameras.
When you removed the original side markers, was the brown wire attached to anything? If so, did you notice what it went to?

When you get a chance, please recheck the red wire (constant 12VDC) to ensure it always remains on with the tail lights on. If it does, then there is no apparent reason why the side cameras and especially the rear camera shouldn't work (unless they were all defective which is highly unlikely).

I assume you've carefully checked the 12 Volt fuses in the fuse panel? If not, check them now.

If there is no longer 12VDC supplied with the tail lights on, and no fuses are blown, there could be a problem with the JaySmart control module. This is a small black module usually located inside the trailer usually somewhere near the JayCommand controller. Other threads here have reported several problems with that module and it often needs to be replaced. If you somehow had the cameras wired wrong, it could have blown out the JayCommand controller. You mentioned that after you checked the turn signal for the first time was when the problems started. That could be when it blew. Again, check to see if 12 VDC is still present with the tail lights on.

Tell the dealer that if they can install a Furrion, then they can install a Haloview. They're virtually identical.

Report back here what you find and I'll try to help in any way I can.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klwoods View Post

Email Jayco customer service and request the schematics. Send them your VIN and request electrical schematics. They had the complete set of wiring drawings to me the next day. My schematics do not match your findings at all, so there is apparently some differences between east and west wiring.
2 kids
1 dog
jb7706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:38 PM   #8

Finally had time when it wasn’t raining to try again. So the original OEM side marker light works as new when re-connected. Good news the jaySMART controller must be fine. Few odd things. With all the OEM lights, the haloview rear camera works fine. Until the RIGHT turn signal is turned on then camera looses signal. It comes back on as soon as the right turn signal is turned off. Left turn signal doesn’t affect it, camera remains on.

Second weird thing is the side marker wires. I connected the OEM passenger side marker light (took off the haloview) but left banana clips to allow meter probes while running. Red wire was 12v constant with running lights. Black seemed to be ground. Yellow 12v with turn signal only, but rang 12v to both the black and the red wires which I found odd and neither was reverse or -12v both rang +12. The brown wire varied pretty consistently 3v 9v 12v rapidly blinking when turn signal is on and makes no sense. They also connected into a bank of many other wires…I’ll try and attach a picture.

Second picture is my jaySMART controller I believe. And the wire colors there aren’t what is on my light. They’re also much bigger wires (around 12ga), the ones attached to my side marker light are really small, 22ga I’d say.

Knowing the red/black were constant power/ground I connected the haloview side marker/camera to those and the marker light worked but neither the attached camera nor the rear haloview while connected.

I emailed Jayco for wiring diagram too.

I vaguely remember a post some time back about the right turn signal issue…trying to find it.
Attached Thumbnails
23A328FA-77C1-462C-A9C0-8EABA9C56AF9.jpg   070C815A-AA82-43DE-93E1-3E2C552780AF.jpg  
Old 05-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #9

Started over from square one. I’m pretty sure there something wrong with my Haloview transmitter. Furion rear pre mount has 12v constant anytime running lights are on. Doesn’t cut out with turn signal or brake light activation. When Haloview rear camera with transmitter box are connected, the power to both transmitter box and monitor stay on, but the Tx box looses signal transmission. Supposed to blink when transmitting…immediately when brake lights some on or right turn signal it stops transmitting. About 20 sec if take away turn signal or brake lights and it comes back on. If wait about 2-3 mins it randomly looses signal same things. 20 sec and it’s back. I put them about 6-12” direct line of slight from monitor and Tx box with nothing in between and same thing. Voltage is good, never drops. Screen remains turned on but goes blank “looking” for connection.

So Weird. Anyone have any ideas? I contacted customer support but kk answer yet. I also got the Jayco wire diagram for when I attempt side cameras but for now would just be happy with a rear camera.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:05 AM   #10

OK, just got back from installing on my '22 264BHW. The schematics didn't match what I found under the covers, so I took some snapshots in the hopes it may help others later.

First off, if you are not mechanically inclined, get help from someone who is. The directions in the kit are next to useless. I ended up setting the aside and just figured it out on my own.

The rear camera prep had several feet of power cable tied up inside the shark fin. I was able to shove it all back inside the wall with a little work. The kit included an adapter cable that converted the Furion port to one compatible with the Haloview. I did manage to lose a couple of washers for the camera mount. After dropping 2 screws and making a trip to Lowes for nylon and stainless washers, I finally thought to put my free hand under the work area to catch the screw if it fell again. Of course I didn't drop any screws after that.

Does anyone know what the waxy sealant the factory used to cover the screws on the shark fin? I'd like to get some, it's far less of a pain than sealing screws with silicone.

Once we had the rear camera up and working the side cameras went o fairly quickly. Thanks to those sharing stories in this thread I was better prepared to deal with the cameras not working when the signal is activated. I studied the factory schematics and found them mostly useless for the job. Oh well.

Once I removed the Furion lights I pulled three Wago connectors out of the wall and took pics of the Furion wiring. Based on that I wired up the Haloview camera and light. I had my son in the truck to turn lights and turn signals on and off as I wired things up. That made things very easy. Check out the attached pics and hopefully it will make your install a little easier.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220522_014223863.jpg   PXL_20220522_015925003.jpg   PXL_20220522_021149576.jpg   PXL_20220522_021903033.jpg  
2 kids
1 dog
jb7706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:30 PM   #11
sev

Halo view install

I’m having issues installing my Halo View BTC129 side camera and lights.
My 2022 Jayco Feather Micro 166fbs has four wago connectors. The red and brown wires are 12v when the running lights are on. 0v when off. The yellow is the turn signal and the black is ground.

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
E1166350-7555-4534-A919-1DDF4FD90075.jpg   60966BCA-D5CC-497A-AE4E-188CEEF7AE56.jpg   5099928D-4DCA-4F2B-827B-533783636410.jpg  
sev is offline   Reply With Quote