Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2019, 03:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe View Post
If you are staying flat you will be fine. However get into the mountains or wind, the experance will be uncomfortable. The below trailer we were towing with a Tundra Crewmax. Did great on the flat, but in Arizona we have lots of mountains and wind, so good bye Tundra.
We towed it home on I-10 in a pretty bad wind yesterday. It took a lot of steering but not worse than the 245RLS in the wind.

Four of the grandchildren came over to check it out and they have all put in their bids as to where we are going to take them.

The step up from a Jayflight SLX to a Jayflight is really nice. I was satisfied with the SLX but this unit is really sweet.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #22

Exactly the reason we moved up from the 28BHBE to the 31QBDS. The wife wanted a larger bedroom, while we needed to add 2 more bunks for the kids. We spent the last 5 years downsizing and finally went too far, up we went again. Glad I kept my Duramax...
RKHengst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrison View Post
We're doing the same thing but only on smaller scale! Bought a 2018 195RB in July. Signing the papers on a 2019 212QB on Thursday. DW wasn't crazy about brushing teeth in the kitchen sink . Son-In-Law says some places they camp won't allow over 24' TT so we're trying to keep to the size to travel with them. Taking a hit on the trade-in but what the heck if we enjoy and can get away more it's worth it.
We made the exact move , u'll enjoy the 212QB
Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 PM   #24

We got the upgrade bug last Memorial Day. We had a Viking pop up for a little over 8 years. The past May, we went, just my wife and I and our 2 dogs, a shepherd mix and a black lab, both over 70 lbs. Rained a good part of the weekend. Wife said "we need a bigger camper" Far be it from me to argue, I've been saying this for the past 3 or more years. We sold the pop up and found a good deal on a brand new X23B, picked it up on the 30th of June. Our plan was to tow it with the same 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee we used to pull the pop up. That lasted exactly 30 miles into our maiden trip. About 45 days after our first trip, I found a used 01 Dodge Durango with enough power to tow comfortably. We went out another 4 times with the Dodge. We have reservations to go to Convict Lake CA for Memorial Day this spring. I want to be able to get it out to our local lake favorite spots before that as a shakedown, make sure we have everything back in the camper. Right now the camper is at the local fairgrounds under cover. Good thing too, we got 12-16 inches of snow earlier this week. Come on April!
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:06 AM   #25

Congratulations on your new trailer! Hope you have great times and memories with it!

We spent two years trying to find the perfect trailer and finally did. Two years later we have seen some beautiful and amazing trailers from various manufacturers but every time we look at ours we see it as just right for us. For a couple of septuagenarians and an old tired hound it's perfect. We are blessed with contentment but feel happy for those we have met who like what they have but would like to upgrade in order to share their camping with more family members.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #26

When we got fed up with the pop ups I took ours in to be traded. Hubby said he was done camping and wanted nothing to do with a new trailer. So I got a sleeps three but my mother said you are going to be trading that thing in in less then 2 years because he is going to want to go camping. Sure nuff, he loved it and wanted to go camping. I told him he gets the tent. Last summer went with a 21 foot bunk model. Love it to pieces. Bigger then the sleeps 3 and now sleeps 5. My mother gets the bottom bunk and DD got the top. She said she needs a ladder to get up there. But other then that sleeps 4 easy. We are not planning on trading any time soon. Bunks I agree are a great place to store stuff when not in use. Happy camping folks.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #27

We purchased a new Jayco hybrid travel trailer pop up and at it one year and realize we had made a mistake. We were sick of setting up pop-ups which is why we bought the hybrid but found it the hybrid was not much better. We traded it in after using it one summer and bought a 23 foot RL SW jayfeather and have been delighted ever since. No point in putting up with a travel trailer that you are less than happy with. Life is too short. We have owned our jayfeather for 2 years now Campton at well over a hundred nights and so so glad we changed.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet & Marie View Post
No point in putting up with a travel trailer that you are less than happy with. Life is too short.
Yep, the wife and I were willing to take the trade-in loss to get what best fit our needs. Hopefully this deep freeze is about over and we can try out the new TT.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:48 PM   #29

Congrats and enjoy the time with the grandkids.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #30

We just got back from Rodman Campground just out side Palatka, Florida. Spent three nights in the unit and are thrilled with it except for the loud air conditioner.

The F150 towed it but the front end felt very light and every vehicle that passed us on the Interstate pushed us around. We got 9.4 miles to the gallon. We could live with the F150 if we had to, but shopping for a diesel F250 starts next week.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #31

I'm not going to try to stop you from upgrading trucks, because in the end that's probably the best bet. However, make sure your hitch is set up properly. You need to get to a scale and go through the weighing process (3 weigh-ins in different configurations) to determine how everything is.

I can assure you that even with a diesel 250, if your hitch is not dialed in properly, you won't have that dreamy towing experience you are expecting.