Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #1

Install Rear Ladder DIY

Greetings. I'm pretty sure I had seen a post sometime in the last year or so where someone bought and installed or had installed an exterior ladder on a Jayco TT. I tried a search but I got sooo many hits I thought it would be easier to just post and ask. Who has installed a ladder themselves, or bought a ladder and had a dealers service area install? What ladder did you buy? I do have the studs mapping from jayco for our 2018 212QB.

Thanks!

Was 2018 Nissan Pathfinder - too close for comfort
CGLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGLaz View Post
Greetings. I'm pretty sure I had seen a post sometime in the last year or so where someone bought and installed or had installed an exterior ladder on a Jayco TT. I tried a search but I got sooo many hits I thought it would be easier to just post and ask. Who has installed a ladder themselves, or bought a ladder and had a dealers service area install? What ladder did you buy? I do have the studs mapping from jayco for our 2018 212QB.

Thanks!
We had a rear ladder put on by the dealer for our 2018 212QB, worked out nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
20200620_200749006_iOS (2).jpg  

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:00 PM   #3

Note that not every trailer has the structure under the siding the install a ladder. Mine, for example, was not designed with it. If I wanted a ladder, I would have to take off the siding, install the wood blocking, reinstall the siding, the install the ladder. Not worth the effort or cash. If a ladder was an option for your model year, you should be good to go. If not, check with Jayco. They should be able to provide you with a diagram of the back wall's structure. Good luck!

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote