Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #1

Jayco 330RSTS Pantry

I have a 2017 330RSTS on order and was wondering about the lighted pantry. The front of the shelves has no barrier to keep things from sliding off the shelves while traveling. Do most of you use the tension bars you see for use in RV refrigerators or something else to prevent items from sliding from the shelves? I am concerned about the door glass being broken while traveling amongst other things.

Thanks
rwshelburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwshelburne View Post
I have a 2017 330RSTS on order and was wondering about the lighted pantry. The front of the shelves has no barrier to keep things from sliding off the shelves while traveling. Do most of you use the tension bars you see for use in RV refrigerators or something else to prevent items from sliding from the shelves? I am concerned about the door glass being broken while traveling amongst other things.

Thanks
The window in the pantry door as well as the cupboards are plexiglass, not real glass so no worries about them breaking. They will scratch though so no harsh chemicals and a microfiber towel would be prudent when cleaning.

As for tension bars, we do have the single bars and use them "just in case" but we also put all breakable glass jars and/or canned goods on the floor of the pantry in a box so anything else in there isn't going to cause any damage if it were to shift or fall off when towing.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #3

Didn't know the glass was plexiglass

Blujay40

I did not know that the "glass" was actually plexiglass. We just ordered our 330rsts on January 3. Have not got a build date yet...hoping to see it by the first of April at the lastest. Thanks for the information. Finding out quite a bit of information on our new purchase before it gets here....battery trays...residential fridge power....etc.
rwshelburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwshelburne View Post
Blujay40

I did not know that the "glass" was actually plexiglass. We just ordered our 330rsts on January 3. Have not got a build date yet...hoping to see it by the first of April at the lastest. Thanks for the information. Finding out quite a bit of information on our new purchase before it gets here....battery trays...residential fridge power....etc.
Welcome. If I can help answer anything else, let me know.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
Welcome. If I can help answer anything else, let me know.
My 330RSTS came with plastic strips that slid on the end of the cupboard shelves. They didn't stay on very well so I too little small nails and attached them to the shelves. Our door has glass and not plexi-glass. We love our camper.
Jaakkandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #6

Hi : We have the new jayco 2017 330 rsts. You can give us call at 970-856-3346
MST and we can fill you in about this issue that you posted. You wont be sorry that
you ordered the 2017 330 rsts.

Ron and Jane
Cedaredge, Co
Jon Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #7

I ended up adding 1/4" plywood under each of our pantry shelves as they were bowing badly, even without much on them. We have the plastic strips to prevent stuff sliding off the shelves, but if they weren't there we'd definitely be using the tension bars.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote