Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #1

Smile looking to connect with other 2016 whitehawk owners

Hello to all,

We are new to RV camping, but excited and ready to start. We just got ourselves a 2016 WhiteHawk RBOK. Wondering if there are others who have this model, or one close to it. Would love to hear your input or see other previous (or new) posts about it.

One of our first questions would be about the solar option. We do not see any particularly obvious connection for it, yet there is a small label that says it is solar ready. Has anyone done that yet?

Well that is all for now. Greetings!!
2016whitehawk
2016whitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the JOF community. Enjoy the forum. You may want to make a thread in the "Welcome Mat" section also to make sure you are properly welcomed.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #3

I am new owner of WH 23MBH going on maiden voyage next weekend. Would love to connect with you.
CPAJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #4

“Solar ready” normally means there is just a plug up near your batteries. You will need a portable solar panel WITH controller to connect to it.
If it says “wired for solar”, then it would have a place inside to mount the controller and normally wiring to the roof.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:21 AM   #5

If I may add another question on our WhiteHawk? Electrical issue; my right rear tail light works, but no true signal or brake light. Just the tail light. I have checked my fuse panel but no fuses dedicated to the lights. Are there other fuses? Switch problem maybe? If so, is the switch readily viewed or replaced?
Thanks!
NHstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHstuckinGA View Post
If I may add another question on our WhiteHawk? Electrical issue; my right rear tail light works, but no true signal or brake light. Just the tail light. I have checked my fuse panel but no fuses dedicated to the lights. Are there other fuses? Switch problem maybe? If so, is the switch readily viewed or replaced?
Thanks!
Always have DW check all lights before we leave a campsite. Had same issue and discovered I had not pushed in the 7 point plug to the TV SECURELY ENOUGH. Pulled it out and reset it and the turn signals worked.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #7

Check the ground for that tail light group. We have thoroughly enjoyed our '16 White Hawk and will probably continue to do so for another 5 or 6 years. We've changed the tires, mattress, and added a bunk ladder. Everything else has been really good. We didn't like the sliding doors for the bedroom, so they're hanging in the attic...

Enjoy!
Old 06-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #8

Hi 2016 whithawk,I have 2016 whithawk too it’s a 2016 33rsks.yes there is electrical connections at the a fram not sure if you nou need controller all it does is maintain battery power, Popcorn 6 2018ford F 150 3.5 max trailer pack
Popcorn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #9

Hello
own 2016 Jayco White Hawk 28 DSBH & love the floor plan but have had rear bent rear axle, bent spring hanger & cracked / broken spring hanger welds. See my pics under title AXLE.
babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:46 AM   #10

Good morning! I am finally posting an update on the electrical issue.
First, thank you for the electrical diagrams! They are spot on!
Secondly, we stumbled on the issue. Toyota connection is not a solid "finger" slinging into the plug. It is actually a "spring style" finger that flattened out due to the pressure of the spring loaded cover pushing against the trailer plug. Weird, eh?
So we used a very small screw driver to open up the finger and all is well!

Thanks to all the responses as I learned a great deal about my 33 RSKS!
Old 06-27-2018, 06:50 AM   #11

Toyota issue - not a Jayco issue - well sort of

Good morning! I am finally posting an update on the electrical issue.
First, thank you for the electrical diagrams! They are spot on!
Secondly, we stumbled on the issue. Toyota connection is not a solid "finger" slinging into the plug. It is actually a "spring style" finger that flattened out due to the pressure of the spring loaded cover pushing against the trailer plug. Weird, eh?
So we used a very small screw driver to open up the finger and all is well!

Thanks to all the responses as I learned a great deal about my 33 RSKS!
Old 06-27-2018, 07:12 AM   #12

I would do much more investigation in regard to the need for a Controller. We have a 100W renology panel and they told us you absolutly need a Controller to protect your battery. Call Renogy and speak with them or look in the "Solar" Community on this forum for more information. We have a 2017 Whitehawk.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
I would do much more investigation in regard to the need for a Controller. We have a 100W renology panel and they told us you absolutly need a Controller to protect your battery. Call Renogy and speak with them or look in the "Solar" Community on this forum for more information. We have a 2017 Whitehawk.

We have renology 100 watt solar panel also, you absolutely need a controller between your panel and the battery! To maximize efficiency I think most panels are actually 18 volts, the controller makes sure the correct and needed voltage and amperage goes to the batteries.

Tags
whitehawk 27rbok