Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #11

Quahog knows what is up! I used the mounts he suggested and and will be doing the quick releases he uses soon.

My only suggestion is 'measure twice cut once...' The Jayco plans I had for my interior wall were not correct. So I drilled some very small holes to make sure I hit the studs I needed to.

Good luck!

aSLOdonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #12

Forgot to mention that some wall mounts like the Planet 3(if you can find model) brand I posted about have a wall mount bracket that you mount to the wall and then the articulating arm mounted to tv slides into the channel of the bracket and gravity holds in place(also optional allen wrench bolt to make permanent). So if you don't want on wall while traveling just lift and remove(won't have to combine two types of mounts). Arm goes with tv, bracket stays on wall. It also has a screw knob behind tv that controls the up and down angle adjustment of the tv. FYI Check to see if the tv you purchased is VESA pattern compliant(mounting bolt pattern on back of tv to mate w/tv wall mount plate pattern), most are now a days but some are not. That will help in matching tv to wall mount and vice versa Good luck

Reese Strait Line Trunnion Dual Cam WD
Tekonsha P3
cheetahflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetahflip View Post
Forgot to mention that some wall mounts like the Planet 3(if you can find model) brand I posted about have a wall mount bracket that you mount to the wall and then the articulating arm mounted to tv slides into the channel of the bracket and gravity holds in place(also optional allen wrench bolt to make permanent). So if you don't want on wall while traveling just lift and remove(won't have to combine two types of mounts). Arm goes with tv, bracket stays on wall. It also has a screw knob behind tv that controls the up and down angle adjustment of the tv. FYI Check to see if the tv you purchased is VESA pattern compliant(mounting bolt pattern on back of tv to mate w/tv wall mount plate pattern), most are now a days but some are not. That will help in matching tv to wall mount and vice versa Good luck
I'll make sure the TV can be mounted before I buy. Hopefully this weekend Ill make the time to buy the tv and get it put up. I've been pretty happy with most of the prices on the tv's that are about 24 inches. The last time I bought a flat screen about 4-5 years ago they were much more expensive!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSLOdonat View Post
Quahog knows what is up! I used the mounts he suggested and and will be doing the quick releases he uses soon.

My only suggestion is 'measure twice cut once...' The Jayco plans I had for my interior wall were not correct. So I drilled some very small holes to make sure I hit the studs I needed to.

Good luck!
I'll also keep in mind the length of the screws I use to put up the mount! I was talking to the parts guy at our local jayco dealer and he recently saw a trailer where the owner used screws about an inch too long....yikes
Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #15

I plan to mount my TV in the bedroom area on the wardrobe wall. The wall isn't thick enough I'm sure so I'll use a piece of plywood on the inside wall to keep it secure. Since it's inside you'll never see it unless you open the wardrobe door. I guess I could even attempt to stain to match the wall so it's even less noticeable.

jdomke1 is offline   Reply With Quote