Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #1

My 2013 Eagle 314BDS

Might be looking to sell my very well cared for Eagle 314BDS. I am up in the air about it, I love it. But we bought a boat and wife says one has to go. This is a very difficult decision. Would there be any interested, in the Upstate NY area, in a nice camper. Still would have to figure a price. It is a loaded up model everything but second AC has the 15,000BTU. UUUUGGG I'm so torn.
Attached Thumbnails
camperpicyard2016.jpg   IMAG0001.jpg   IMG_20170807_185521.jpg  

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:50 PM   #2

Going to be a difficult decision. Boats and RV's are both a lot of fun.

Sorry, we don't live anywhere near NY, plus we just purchased a new Eagle a few months ago. However, very interested in the cover you're using. Is that a PolyPro3 cover by Classic Accessories? Couple of questions if you don't mind.

How long is your trailer (box only, not including the a-frame)?

What size cover did you purchase?

Does the cover interfere with the 4 corner rain gutter spouts? Or, did you remove the spouts?

Thank you!!
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:45 AM   #3

I’m not into boating so the decision would be easy for me. Would have been nice if the wife had mentioned this before you purchased the boat. Not sure I would agree with her after the fact. I say keep both if you can afford it.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:22 AM   #4

It is a classic cover. The cover I had them throw it in when we purchased the camper. I believe the box of camper is 33 foot. I think all covers would have a problem with the long rain gutters on the Eagles. What I do is cut pool noodle or the foam pipe insulation to length. Then I wrap electrical tape around it to make them tight so they don't fall off. Been doing that since I owned it and have not had any poke through yet.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
It is a classic cover. The cover I had them throw it in when we purchased the camper. I believe the box of camper is 33 foot. I think all covers would have a problem with the long rain gutters on the Eagles. What I do is cut pool noodle or the foam pipe insulation to length. Then I wrap electrical tape around it to make them tight so they don't fall off. Been doing that since I owned it and have not had any poke through yet.
Good to know you've had success protecting the cover and the gutters with these pool noodles. We live in the desert where the sun turns the finish on a travel trailer into "chalk" in 2-3 years. Hoping to slow down this destruction with a cover. Thanks for the info!
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote