Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #21
Wsw

Rv direct is just a website for rv one. I tried them for a quote when I was comparing. They did not beat price I got. I am not saying they might not have a good price but not for me. A good price is actually one you want to pay actually at a dealer you like. But I was looking at 2021 models not even in yet. I cannot remember if they charged a prep fee or not. Some are crazy high. 1500 to walk me through a coach to go over everything the dealer should have done when it was delivered. Seriously. If a dealer has a high fee I am buying from another dealer. My dealer charged 200 bucks. That included 2 batteries and full propane. The 2 batteries were 180 bucks by themselves at napa. Filling 2 30 pound propane tanks I am sure cost more than 20. Then the additional cables for the second battery.

I still say just Google the year and model you want and see what pops up available and at what price.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #22

My opinion: For the price of a coach, you should not pay a penny extra for a PDI that is thorough, batteries or cables. You should get two full propane tanks and a cover for them. Any charges for those should be reflected in an equally lower cost for the RV. If not, walk.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #23

Thanks Wsw. If you had a good experience at your dealer, would you mind giving me the name of the dealer (and salesperson if you recall)? I want to shop around a little. RV One wants $500 "prep" and I don't even know if that includes the tanks and whatnot.

Thanks!
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #24

Great advice LuckyDuck. Throughout the negotiation/buying process you always want to remember the option to "walk".
Old 10-20-2020, 07:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
In addition to the $100 deposit, another red flag to me is “we are taking additional info.” Do they have big markdowns on any other models?

Seems like they would need other information like name, address, and phone number if they are collecting a deposit. Probably a credit check as well if the person is financing That seems more legit to me than just send us a deposit with your email address or am I missing something?
Old 10-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Seems like they would need other information like name, address, and phone number if they are collecting a deposit. Probably a credit check as well if the person is financing That seems more legit to me than just send us a deposit with your email address or am I missing something?
True. Personally I would never send off $100 to be 81st (or higher) on a list for a cheap trailer. But if I did, I wouldn’t provide any more than a name, address and phone, as you say. Certainly not a credit check until I was ready to buy. But that’s just me.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #27

Quote:
True. Personally I would never send off $100 to be 81st (or higher) on a list for a cheap trailer. But if I did, I wouldn’t provide any more than a name, address and phone, as you say. Certainly not a credit check until I was ready to buy. But that’s just me.

Which is why they ask for more information. Why fill a wait list with people not serious about buying? Especially if they prioritize their orders to fill that backlog.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Which is why they ask for more information. Why fill a wait list with people not serious about buying? Especially if they prioritize their orders to fill that backlog.
Dunno, sending a hundred bucks is pretty serious, whether I just give my name and address or my entire life story. Maybe it’s all legit but I’d be cautious nevertheless.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Dunno, sending a hundred bucks is pretty serious, whether I just give my name and address or my entire life story. Maybe it’s all legit but I’d be cautious nevertheless.
Right. I would only give my credit information if I was serious. I would only send a $100 if I was serious. So they seem to go hand in hand.

So what I think the dealer is doing is this.

They have your credit information and $100 so they know you are serious. They also know you are comfortable with spending a minimum of $16,000 + on a new TT. They even have your TV specs because by law in Texas they can't allow you to drive off in an unsafe situation.

Now the only way to make a little money on those cheap units are add on accessories, dealer fees, and turning them quickly. So as soon as one comes in they start calling. Sorry it's not exactly what you want it had a giant television and widgets for $18,000. No? No problem. Call the next person. I doubt it will take more than 24 hours before someone is backing up to that trailer and being handed the keys.

They also have 80 qualified buyers for the "just two foot longer" sale. They are sorry yours is still backed up at the factory but this model came in and they are willing to put in an extra discount so you won't have to wait any longer.

And when the base models roll in they roll out before the dealer has to pay anything for it.

If a buyer was patient I'm certain they will eventually receive the unit they ordered but I'm equally certain they will receive a couple calls from salespeople at that dealer trying to up sell them.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #30

After asking if the 264BH was a Swift trim level rig due to the model number a few months back, I was told it's the current model of the former 26BH, which I'd been shopping for. The specs of the new 264 showed a lower GVWR of 6,000 lb's from the former 7,000 of the 26BH, but the curb weight was basically unchanged. This tells me they put lighter axles in the current version to attract buyers with lower capacity TV's, but really only lowered the cargo capacity. With the feeding frenzy this past season, I doubt many noticed.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:31 AM   #31

Deal is valid. We got one, 2021 model and taking it out first time this weekend in central texas. Driveout price was 16,200 after taxes etc. Its pretty much a turnkey unit for that price, with full lp tanks, battery, ac, matresses, elrctic toungue jack, and a nice trim package. Seems decent construction. Also comes with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. We did the 100 dollar wait list and was back ordered for about 3 months. The corona had impacted the availability of windows and ac units, so we were told. All in all i feel like we got a great value, and im pretty frugal. I can tow this unit safely and legally with my 1/2 ton Ran ecodiesel i already had. Wish us luck on the maiden voyage.
NWenso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #32

Good luck, and I hope your camper is problem-free on your weekend.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:25 AM   #33

I think we paid $13,500 for our 2013 26BH new, back then. I don't think the price for that 264BH is that far off.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #34

Thanks for the update NWenso, and best wishes on your first trip!! Please keep us updated!
Old 11-07-2020, 08:04 AM   #35

Price is definitely legit. I ordered a 2021 264BH back in August with every option aside from the TV selected and am paying $16k OTD. Still waiting on delivery but it wasn't expected until this week. Currently delayed until the week after Thanksgiving which is fine with me since I don't have to pay for storage.

I ended up buying from The Rv Express Jayco RV Dealer - Highland Ridge Dutchmen Travel Trailers RVs which is another online dealer similar to RVDirect but they beat their price on a loaded trailer. Will have to drive to Indiana to collect it but have some friends nearby in Michigan we can visit at the same time.
gatorblue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:23 PM   #36

Gatorblue92 & NWenso, I have put down my deposit and am moving forward on the 2021 264bh slx.

Could you give a detailed analysis of your first impressions, takeaways?

Thanks gents.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:10 PM   #37

We bought our 2021 264BH for $15,000. No hidden fees. It took 3 months to get it because covid slowed down production. Ordered it in July and picked it up in October 2020.
JPcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPcamping View Post
We bought our 2021 264BH for $15,000. No hidden fees. It took 3 months to get it because covid slowed down production. Ordered it in July and picked it up in October 2020.
You sir got a hell of a deal. I got 32% under msrp and you still got me beat. Nice job!
Old 01-28-2021, 07:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
Gatorblue92 & NWenso, I have put down my deposit and am moving forward on the 2021 264bh slx.

Could you give a detailed analysis of your first impressions, takeaways?

Thanks gents.
First impression is its a fantastic camper and seems to be perfectly sized for my family (2 adults 2 kids and a 60lb dog) but we only did one quick weekend trip before putting it away for the winter. Planning on using it an awful lot beginning in spring.

I did opt for the 12v fridge (no propane) and the solar package which includes the 30a controller and a roof mounted 100w panel but haven't had enough time to really experiment with it yet. May end up getting 2 6v batteries since we will be doing a lot of state and national park camping over the summer.

We did already make a modification by adding a brace for the bed in the front room. After only 2 nights it was apparent that the bed was beginning to sag in the middle but that's a pretty well documented issue with the design. Also the mattress is pretty awful and we are looking for an upgrade at some point.
gatorblue92 is offline   Reply With Quote