Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2021, 02:29 PM   #1

New Jay Flight SLX 267BHS JaySmart light problem

I just bought a new 2021 Jay Flight SLX-8 267BHS. When I drove away from the dealership all of my exterior marker lights were working. After my second trip with it the Jaysmart marker/turn signals down the driver side no longer work. My rear lights work just fine. Has anyone had this issue? Trying to avoid the 125 mile trip to the dealer if it's something simple.
jwallis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:37 PM   #2

I hope someone chimes in here that has an answer, I was wondering how it works and where the wires are all joined together on the system. To me seems that there is a controller somewhere that makes them function as a "smart" system otherwise they would all just flash and whatever else they are supposed to do.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #3

There is usually a fuse in the tow vehicle for the running lights and one for the turn/brake lights for each side of the trailer. That is where I would check first. Also check your connection between the trailer and vehicle. Not familiar with your trailer, but most have a junction box in the tongue area where connections are made. Open the cover and make sure that one of the connections (usually wire nutted together) is not loose.
CTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:13 PM   #4

I don’t think it is the tow vehicle. I tried a friends truck and had the same problem. What has me confused about it is that the rear turn signal and marker lights work fine. It’s just the three down the side. I checked in the tongue area and didn’t see anything that looked like it was the problem.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallis5 View Post
I don’t think it is the tow vehicle. I tried a friends truck and had the same problem. What has me confused about it is that the rear turn signal and marker lights work fine. It’s just the three down the side. I checked in the tongue area and didn’t see anything that looked like it was the problem.
Did you ever resolve the problem and how....Thanks.
signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 11:47 PM   #6

It’s not fixed yet. However, I have learned that there is a controller in the front driver side compartment. It’s mounted on the “wall” in the compartment to the left when you open it up.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:49 PM   #7

The dealer thinks they have narrowed it down to the controller in the front compartment. They just got the part in and I have not taken the unit back yet to get it fixed. I will update the post when it’s resolved.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #8

Quote:
The dealer thinks they have narrowed it down to the controller in the front compartment. They just got the part in and I have not taken the unit back yet to get it fixed. I will update the post when it’s resolved.
Please post a picture of the controller and any brands and part numbers listed on it.

Thanks
Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:32 PM   #9

Quote:
I just bought a new 2021 Jay Flight SLX-8 267BHS. When I drove away from the dealership all of my exterior marker lights were working. After my second trip with it the Jaysmart marker/turn signals down the driver side no longer work. My rear lights work just fine. Has anyone had this issue? Trying to avoid the 125 mile trip to the dealer if it's something simple.
We have the same issue on our White Hawk 32RL. It just stopped working on the way home from a trip. Took it to the dealer, and had to prove to them that the problem was not with my truck. They told me that the last 3 Jayco's that they sold have the same problem, and it is a JaySMART controller that is defective. They have ordered one for ours, but, the funny part that they told me was that they are going to have to contact Jayco, because they cannot find the location of the controller. On the 32RL it is not in the front bay, they had that all apart, but, it was not there.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:35 PM   #10

Quote:
It’s not fixed yet. However, I have learned that there is a controller in the front driver side compartment. It’s mounted on the “wall” in the compartment to the left when you open it up.
We have the same issue on our White Hawk 32RL. It just stopped working on the way home from a trip. Took it to the dealer, and had to prove to them that the problem was not with my truck. They told me that the last 3 Jayco's that they sold have the same problem, and it is a JaySMART controller that is defective. They have ordered one for ours, but, the funny part that they told me was that they are going to have to contact Jayco, because they cannot find the location of the controller. On the 32RL it is not in the front bay, they had that all apart, but, it was not there. Must be in different locations depending on model of TT.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:54 PM   #11

My JaySmart controller was replaced and that fixed my problem.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #12

Jay smart

You would not have a picrure or the part #......
Thanks.
signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #13

These are the pictures of the JaySmart controller.
Attached Thumbnails
8AC58599-AD53-4558-9CE6-3D371BF07465.jpg   E0025EEB-33A2-4205-B43C-D1292AAC1F85.jpg   53D40701-7D29-4F8D-B11D-E352B8361DE7.jpg