Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2016, 12:57 AM   #1

Smile Picked up my new 23MRB today...Great Day!

I was so concerned about what type of experience I would have based upon reading so many posts these last 6 months. I was well prepared thanks to all of you who do post. My experience was way beyond anything I expected. I arrived at the dealer with the "Changing Gear" PDI list. I met the service person, Chris, and as he started the PDI he saw me checking my list. He's been doing this for years, asked me to show it to him, and then asked me to email it as he'd never seen one so complete. Chris spent over 3 hours with me and my son, not only going over every aspect and operation of the trailer, he helped identify some minor issues and he made the repair list. As I went into finance he said he would have someone repair the items; when he saw they weren't able to accommodate it today, he fixed almost all of the items himself; then got a technician to address the one that he couldn't. He also noticed that one of the storage cover frames didn't fit correctly and put it on the warranty list for replacement. My son and I were just amazed (after reading all the "negative" posts). The finance person was just as personable. He explained my options, told me to think about them, gave me some documents to review when I got home, and told me to call him with any questions. When he totaled the invoice he volunteered that they had accidently charged me for something that was incorrect and offered a refund or a credit right at that moment. Chris then educated me on the EQ hitch and brake controller. His knowledge is so complete he even knew what setting I should use for my van and trailer. It worked perfectly going down some significant grades! If you want a dealer who backs up what they advertise, this is the one. Don't know the rules here so if you email me direct I will be happy to share it with you. I will use them again and recommend them to everyone. Thanks again to all of you who helped me prepare for what turned into a great day. Tomorrow my wife and I will start setting up our new home away from home.
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:16 AM   #2

Glad to hear all went well. To me, if you have a dealer that helps instead of fights, he will get my future business. There are a lot of horror stories out there. I also think that we only hear when things go bad, its rare that someone posts when things go as we expect.

I have a good dealer also, any problem, and its "we'll take care of it, bring it in". My previous trailer (19RD) had a few small problems, A 12V charging dock, and an outside speaker that didn't work, also the mattress had a coil went through the fabric. An appointment was made, and it was fixed. Picked the trailer up a couple days later. They had to order a new mattress, which I went back and picked up when it came in.

I bought a new one in July, only had one problem so far, a kitchen drawer dropped in back. I fixed it myself by adding a support. I hope that's all I end up with.

Kenelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:44 AM   #3

Thanks. We have 3 dealers within 2.5 hours. I picked the one that had the best reputation for service, that was actually more important to me than the price since this is my first trailer. I still was able to get the lowest price (from a dealer) that I've found in Northern California; I found a place in Southern Cal that would have sold it for $750 less but the driver (800 miles round trip) wasn't worth it to me. I wanted a dealer who would help; this dealers service department is as big as a football field with about 14 active bays that I saw.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #4

You are ready to go camping in your drive way now,LOL sure hope you enjoy your 23MRB as much as we have ours. We wish you the best of times.
Mikedebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations. Great job.
We really liked that unit, but ended up ordering the 24RBS.
Very similar. I could have gone either way.

I'll send you my email. I'd like a look at that PDI.

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

PDI from "Changing Gears." Very Complete

Hi All,
Here is the PDI from "Changing Gears." It is clear they want us to share this. For those of you just joining this thread, the service person who did my PDI was so impressed with this he asked for it to pre-email to his future customers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pre Delivery Inspection.pdf (128.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #7

Hi Doug,
We liked that one too but it was too heavy. I actually had to change the rear end of my van (Chevy Express 1500) to a 2500. Pull the trailer home and had no problem.

Tags
23mrb, new trailer, newbie, pdi