Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
Wsw

Potential problem 2021 334rlok 330rsts

We are getting ready to hit the road for a few months so I thought I would make sure I knew where everything is underneath my tt. I hate looking for something when it breaks. I figure it is going to break, so be prepared. Opened up the rear access point by rear axle to see what I would need if i had a slide issue. Motor was right there so it was easy to get to. So no issue there to manually work it. The front br and tv dinette slide use the same type. Kitchen slide is the wierd one with the rails on the side. Not sure how to work that one. I never had one of those.

Two issue I noticed. Water line for the fridge is well outside the heated part of the belly. There is a solid metal partition welded across the beams just above the axle. Separates front half underneath from rear half. That water line goes through a 4 inch hole through that partition. No heat is going to get to it much. Just what comes out of partitioned section through that hole. Also no absolute way the low point drain is going to drain to many waves in the pex from what I can see.

Now for fun part. Looking at my drive gear rod for the slide. I had several wiring harnesses laying on it very funny looking. This is a long square metal rod going from one drive gear to the other one. It will be on the dinette side. Kept looking and those wires looked funny. Had my wife activate slide while I watched with my head stuck up in the bottom of underbelly. Wires caught on the metal rod and were coiling around as slide went out. When 2 heavy wires got wrapped around tight they were tied off securely on opposite side and caused all the wires to break from the spin and then all wires spun free. Looked very stressful. Glad we have not put slides out to often.

I ended up cutting an access hole and tying those wiring harness up and out of the way so the metal connecting rod does touch a wire at all.

All in all pretty clean underneath. No insulation at all in the underbelly period. The only thing between the outside air and the water lines and holding tanks is that 4mm plastic bottom. Hopefully the heat vent in the sealed section keeps it warmer. Still have that exposed line to the fridge. Part of it is outside the tt and exposed to outside air. That is going to freeze period. Cold water line. There is insulation on the bottom of the floor. That insulation is above the tanks and lines though. Like I said the only thing keeping the underbelly from freezing is whatever heat is diverted there from the gas furnace.

Just thought anyone with this model might want to check those wires. Eventually that spinning metal rod is going to wear something apart.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote