Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2022, 09:42 AM   #1

regulator recall Has anyone received any reimbursement for self replaced regulator

Has anyone received any reimbursement for the regulator recall if you had to replace the regulator prior to the recall letters going out.

I had to replace mine on vacation and Jayco approved a reimbursement of $87.79. I'm not sure why the dealer was not able to get me the entire amount I spend on the regulator and 2 hoses. It cost me around $120 for the parts when I was on vacation. And i provided the dealer all my receipts.

The Camper is a 2018 model so its out of its 2 year warrant
and the dealer did do a pressure test on my camper after I replaced the parts.
thank you!
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:28 AM   #2

I doubt that they would give you more money than it would cost if they did it. I also doubt that they will pay for new pigtails.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
I doubt that they would give you more money than it would cost if they did it. I also doubt that they will pay for new pigtails.

dealer said We submitted the receipt, but I know they won’t pay taxes and they usually have a set amount they will pay for certain parts. They do the same thing to us on parts we use from our stock if they are not in the approved price range.

and the new regulator took a different pigtail fitting so I had to get new pigtails too. When I dropped the camper off to the dealer they talked like if they had replaced the regulator they would have replaced the pigtails as well.

take care
Old 01-26-2022, 12:11 PM   #4

I had replaced the regulator prior to getting my letter; however, the dealer supplied the regulator, new pigtails and did the pressure test (the remediation that was listed in the recall notice that was online). I was reimbursed for part of it directly from Jayco; however, like you, it was not the full amount. From what I have been able to surmise, Jayco has a payment schedule that they would pay the dealer to do the work. I'm OK with only getting part of it back, the dealer squeezed me in on the Friday of a holiday weekend and I had the trailer back to head camping the following Wednesday.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
And i provided the dealer all my receipts.
I think that is where you went wrong. The receipts should have been sent directly to JAYCO.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I think that is where you went wrong. The receipts should have been sent directly to JAYCO.
dealer sent the receipts to Jayco.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:59 AM   #7

We replaced the regulator & pigtails on our TT late July, when we heard about the upcoming recall. We didn’t arrive back home until the beginning of Oct and found the recall notice in the mail and contacted our dealer about it. Told our dealer we had replaced the regulator & pigtails while we were away, because the regulator was leaking, they asked for copies of the receipts and they contacted Jayco. A month later, our dealer contacted us, stating Jayco had approved our claim and they had a cheque waiting for us to pick up. They covered the complete cost of regulator & pigtails, $211CAD.
Our TT is a 2020, not sure if our dealer put the claim in as warranty or as recall, but I am sure we bought our TT from a great dealer.