Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #1

Renate

I bought a jayco flight mbds 2020 last year and have had nothing but problems with it. A RV tech told me , that is normal. I would like your opinions.

1. Fridge door did not close, took all summer until the new one was installed

2. The lock on the main sliding door did not lock. It was supposed to be ordered over v the winter. Due to COVID-19 it has not been replaced yet.

3. The kitchen slide out would not work, due to the black plastic being completely chewed up.The tech managed to reverse it and close it for winter storage. Part to be ordered . Not repaired yet.

4. Last week the plumber had to replace the basket strainer, there was a crack in it, and food the kitchen.

5. A few days later a water under The bathroom sink. The hoses had been installed to short and needed to be replaced.

6. 2 days ago my has detector went off.. Several times!!..an RV guy happened to be in camp to fix an AC...I called him over to check my lines.. My stove had a leak.. He wanted to replace. RV CANADA told him , it's not possible because they don't make that model anymore!! But they installed in my new RV . Already obsolete...
7. I had the outside of the trailer waxed to protect it , but all the white each is smeared over the black plastic.

Anyone has aching the same problems?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #2

Welcome Aboard!

It seems like all campers have issues. They are all quickly hand built. There is not many conversations about park models on the forum, so I have not heard much about the sliding door issue.

Some units definitely have more issues than others. All the items you listed are things people have commented on in the past. Yours just sounds like it might have a few more bigger issues than others.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Welcome Aboard!

It seems like all campers have issues. They are all quickly hand built. There is not many conversations about park models on the forum, so I have not heard much about the sliding door issue.

Some units definitely have more issues than others. All the items you listed are things people have commented on in the past. Yours just sounds like it might have a few more bigger issues than others.
Thanks, I thought I was the only one who had bought a lemon.
Stay safe
Renate
Old 06-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #4

Why weren't these problems discovered at your PDI? Doors that don't close. Slides that don't work. Gas and water problems. Ridiculous. Not norm even for a Thor product. Yes, you have a lemon. At least compared to my nine year old Eagle that still hasn't had but two very minor problems fixed at the end of the two year warranty. Sorry for your problems. I don't know how your dealership could not have been aware of some of them.Who did you purchase it from?
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #5

Last June after coming back to the trailer in the dark from a bonfire, I had a problem with the lock . After a few tries by the RV. CANADA tech, it was discovered that the cylinder needed replacement. Then the white wax on my black plastic showed up. A few rain showers must have brought it to the surface. Both issues were addressed by the dealer. Not solved but looked at. The white wax was covered last fall, but surfaced again this spring. Then the fridge door did not work anymore after a while and at the end of last season, more pronblems surfaced. I bought the trailer from RV CANADA.

I did not mention that there is a switch on my kitchen isle , which did not seem to have any function. when the tech looked at it, he realized that it was wired backwards.

None of this showed up during the PDI.

I do not know what to do anymore about the latest problem, THE GAS STOVE.I cannot get past the receptionist. Corona , of course, has made all this more difficult. The Servide department was not open, but I think, I will take a drive out there now, that we are in the second phase of opening up tomorrow at midnight.

Renate
Old 06-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #6

Do you have a lemon law in Ontario? Some US states have them for cars where they can't repair them after so many tries or so much time the manufacturer must refund the price.
Might be worth looking into.
Good luck, hope happy trails are ahead.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #7

Thank you. I am not sure if we have the lemon law, but I will check into it. I tried to call the Better Business Buero today, but could not get through. Your suggestion is a better one.

Renate