Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #1

See Level Tank Monitoring System

We have a 2017 Jayco Whitehawk 28DSBH. On a recent camp out we noticed water coming from inside the trailer, we realized that the Grey Water tank was full and water was leaking into the cabin (luckily it was not the black water). I would think the water would have come from the shower or sink instead of underneath the cabinets but maybe the pipers are not sealed properly to hold water only to allow water to flow through?

Normally I am pretty religious about monitoring the tanks, but for one reason or another didnt think to check the tanks when my son took a shower. I was looking for a tank monitoring system that had an alarm when the tanks were near full. I came across Garnet Instruments, they have several versions one actually has bluetooth so you can view on your phone as well as an alarm. However, I have two grey tanks so I would need a 4 tank system and that version does not come with either bluetooth or alarm; but I do like the fact that the monitoring systems are accurate as they are mounted on the outside of the tank and do not give erroneous readings due to sensors being obscured. I was looking at the 709-4 model.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...-tank-monitor/

My question is, has anyone installed these and if so, how do you you access the tanks? The tanks are not visible in this RV, I wasnt sure how to remove the lining in order to access the tanks. I saw screws on the bottom, do I simply unscrew the lining or is there more to it?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Grant
gsimon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to JOF.

The Sea Level tank monitor system has been around a while and there are a few threads already. use the google search function as described in this thread for more accurate searching. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rum-37615.html

Hopefully someone will chime in on theirs.

As far as removing the under belly, just remove enough screws to peep in and find the tanks, then remove enough to peel down enough to get access. It goes back up as it comes down. The screws are self tapping # 2 robertson bits. (square). Get a screw gun!

A Robertson, also known as a square or Scrulox screw drive is specified as ANSI Type III Square Center and has a square-shaped socket in the screw head and a square protrusion on the tool. Both the tool and the socket have a slight taper.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #3

I would just get the 3 tank version with the features you want and put them on the grey and black tanks. Do you really need to upgrade the monitor on the FW tank? It will never overflow into the TT, and the manufacturer monitor isn't too bad for FW as the sensors aren't clogged up with Toilet paper.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote