Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2021, 09:49 PM   #1

Speakers Aren't Working

I know there have been similar posts, but I wanted to add a couple of additional factors...

I purchased a 2021 183RB last weekend. During the walk-through the radio/speakers worked. In working to get dishes, etc... in and ready for the maiden voyage, I attempted to turn it on and found the speakers aren't working at all. The iRV 36 unit itself is working fine. Every button works -- it shows on the screen as it should, and I can operate it through the app on my phone as well. What doesn't work are the speakers. I have no sound at all.

I've removed the iRV unit and checked all of the wires including the in-line fuse. All appears to be as it should.

Any and all recommendations are most appreciated. I know it's still under warranty, but it's at least 1 1/2 drive, and I know how backed up their service centers are. I'm hopeful there's a quick fix somewhere that I'm just overlooking.

Thanks in advance!

June
pjwhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:23 AM   #2

It is in the wiring itself… the radio wires are not hooked up the way they need to be to make sound come across the speakers… you will have to either rewire the radio yourself or find someone else to rewire it
Rugergirl 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugergirl 88 View Post
It is in the wiring itself… the radio wires are not hooked up the way they need to be to make sound come across the speakers… you will have to either rewire the radio yourself or find someone else to rewire it

But June said they worked during the walkthrough...

Maybe there's a mute switch on the unit that has been activated, or separate zones with switches. Maybe a problem with the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the unit.

Interesting issue - keep us posted.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #4

Still waiting...

It's a warranty fix, so I'm just waiting in line for my turn for a repair from a certified tech. I have quite a few trips planned and don't want to be down for something as minor as a sound system, so I'm hopeful they're ready for me at a point when I'm scheduled home.

I'll update when I find the answer.

Thanks again!
pjwhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #5

Play with it while your out camping. My system has too many little buttons on the remote you need a magnifine glass to read most you don't need. Some button got pushed. Can't believe wires came loose from speakers themself from ride home but never know. pull one.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:19 PM   #6

One of my speaker wires shook loose during the trip home. Connection was good at radio and speaker. I couldnt figure out how to get to the wiring in the ceiling. Had it done under warranty.