Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2021, 08:05 PM   #1

Stepping Up - 264BHOK

Hello Jayco family. After years of enjoying the best of this country, and WI, in a hybrid, we are upgrading to a solid wall unit. And we are going all in. Even during COVID, we got out out of the house and into fresh air. In 2021, we are booked most weekends starting in May, and I can't wait!

The unit is on order to our spec. No hurry on delivery atm since we have Spring Break ahead of us, and plenty of snow on the ground here. Lead time is expected to be 8 weeks, but not holding my breath.

We started our search when our neighbors upgraded from a hybrid to a bunk house. And we went through a lot. Multiple visits, kicking the tires, getting the kids sized in the bunks, looking at storage, and of course build quality. King bed was also a must and surprised how few actually configure the space for a king bed. The rear door and foldable bunks are also a huge plus. For me, the outdoor kitchen here is top notch, and if you are camping next to us, apologies for making you hungry. It's a Michelin Star kitchen.

The unit will be a test for the F150, however, Jayco engineering made sure safety came first. Also the local dealer allowed me a test on the 284BHOK which is a beast, but way way too much for a half ton. We go slow and enjoy the country when we travel. The second door to the bedroom combined with the main entry door allow access to most of the unit while the slide is closed. For me, having the emergency bathroom access is a must. But this combination will allow to take breaks along the journey in comfort and ease. Don't discount the second door!

If you are a 264BHOK owner, look forward to your stories. See you on the road in a few weeks.

Stay healthy! Happy Camping!
JaycoBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:12 AM   #2

real world hitch weight

Congrats on the purchase! We also just purchased a 264BHOK. I see the specs show the dry hitch weight as 1045 lbs.

What are you all seeing for real-world dry hitch weights? I'm trying to select a WDH. I'll be towing with a 2020 F250.

Thank you! Excited to join the Jayco community!
ShiverMeTimbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:40 AM   #3

I have a CAT SCALE near by and plan on doing a dry weight + WDH check on it prior to getting her set up.

We ordered on Friday. Lead is 8 weeks +. No hurry since it’s winter here and we don’t need it to May. No inventory of the 264 near by.

ShiverMeTimbers - do you have yours already? If so how did you spec it?
Old 01-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #4

JaycoBadger, we looked around Seattle area but none of the dealers were willing to haggle on price, so we bought in Idaho. I have to run out and pick it up next month. It was on the lot, I forget all the specs but I'm debating the 6V vs 12V battery system. Our former camper was an Aliner Expedition, so this is a big step up!
Old 01-25-2021, 09:07 AM   #5

Welcome from another Wisconsinite. Congrats and enjoy your new 264BHOK!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:57 PM   #6

Exclamation Timing Update

Expected delivery is early May. For those that plan on ordering, it's a 4 month lead time. Customer orders go ahead of dealer orders stock orders, but the supply chain remains constrained.

Industry feedback suggests January 2021 was the strongest month in a year. Stock is trickling in, but don't expect to find what you want on the lot. No 264BHOK's near us.

No issue here with plenty of snow on the ground and more on the way. But patience is key! However, this allows you to do your homework!
Old 02-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #7

We ordered a 274CKDS on December 7, and the dealer said last week that ours is due offline on February 15. Assuming no component shortage to keep it there it should ship out soon thereafter. We were expecting late March to early April.
CTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimbers View Post
JaycoBadger, we looked around Seattle area but none of the dealers were willing to haggle on price, so we bought in Idaho. I have to run out and pick it up next month. It was on the lot, I forget all the specs but I'm debating the 6V vs 12V battery system. Our former camper was an Aliner Expedition, so this is a big step up!

Hey Shiver, where in Idaho did you go when our fiver get out of getting some warranty work done I might want to trade up also?

Welcome to the forum.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey Shiver, where in Idaho did you go when our fiver get out of getting some warranty work done I might want to trade up also?

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you!

We purchased from Bish's RV in Meridian, Idaho. Just west of Boise. Zach was our salesman. Very personable, responds to texts and calls, and did a full video walkaround for us since we were buying remotely. No pressure, no sleazy salesman tactics. Great experience so far.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:23 PM   #10

Shiver's, did you pick up your 264BHOK yet?
Old 02-15-2021, 02:54 PM   #11

Welcome from a former Wisconsinite who now lives 9 miles south of the cheddar curtain.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoBadger View Post
Shiver's, did you pick up your 264BHOK yet?

No, we actually got a all from one of the dealers in Seattle, they asked if we had purchased and we said "yeah, you guys weren't willing to negotiate so we bought out of state" and THEN they decided to wheel & deal. Long story short, we went back and fourth several times and wound up purchasing from the Seattle folks. I still recommend Zach at Bish's RV in Idaho, he was great to work with but the overall price worked out better for us at the Seattle place.

We pick it up in a week or two.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Hello Jayco family. After years of enjoying the best of this country, and WI, in a hybrid, we are upgrading to a solid wall unit. And we are going all in. Even during COVID, we got out out of the house and into fresh air. In 2021, we are booked most weekends starting in May, and I can't wait!

The unit is on order to our spec. No hurry on delivery atm since we have Spring Break ahead of us, and plenty of snow on the ground here. Lead time is expected to be 8 weeks, but not holding my breath.

We started our search when our neighbors upgraded from a hybrid to a bunk house. And we went through a lot. Multiple visits, kicking the tires, getting the kids sized in the bunks, looking at storage, and of course build quality. King bed was also a must and surprised how few actually configure the space for a king bed. The rear door and foldable bunks are also a huge plus. For me, the outdoor kitchen here is top notch, and if you are camping next to us, apologies for making you hungry. It's a Michelin Star kitchen.

The unit will be a test for the F150, however, Jayco engineering made sure safety came first. Also the local dealer allowed me a test on the 284BHOK which is a beast, but way way too much for a half ton. We go slow and enjoy the country when we travel. The second door to the bedroom combined with the main entry door allow access to most of the unit while the slide is closed. For me, having the emergency bathroom access is a must. But this combination will allow to take breaks along the journey in comfort and ease. Don't discount the second door!

If you are a 264BHOK owner, look forward to your stories. See you on the road in a few weeks.

Stay healthy! Happy Camping!
Hi! Yes, I bought the Eagle HT 264BHOK in July 2020, new off lot in Myrtle Beach SC because no one in Ga could beat the price for the dealership chosen extras. It’s AWESOME! We’ve gone many places. Be sure to have them demo absolutely everything on demo day. The one thing we didn’t demo ended up not working. Just had it in shop for 1 month but totally paid for by Jayco. The Blackflush (not all campers have this) didn’t work. Demo day guy didn’t demonstrate that, only demoed how to drain the tank but we didn’t do extra flush. Other than that the camper has been SO great! About to buy solar panels and generator for off grid camping. In my researching phase right now-no rush. Congrats on yours!
big50rvyeahbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:32 PM   #14

Pick Check List

Big50,

Thanks for the notes. I do have a comprehensive checklist to review. We are still weeks away from delivery and hope it will be warm by then. The nautilus system is an area I plan on spending lots of time, especially considering the check valve issues.

I expect it to take 2-3 hours. Much to review.

One question I have for the group, if you have a self leveling system, do you self level first and then extend slides? Or extend slides and self level?

We are finally having some thaw here in the midwest. Can't wait to get outside and enjoy what this country has to offer.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Big50,

One question I have for the group, if you have a self leveling system, do you self level first and then extend slides? Or extend slides and self level?

Always try to get the unit "close" to level with blocks, then auto-level. After that, you can deploy the slides.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #16
Lost in the Woods

I ordered a 264bhok in November. I’m still waiting. I am told that April is the target month for delivery. I plan to use the Equalizer 14k hitch. As for the “half ton” towable moniker, this trailer is extremely heavy. I have a 3/4 ton truck. I wouldn’t even try to tow it with a 1/2 ton. The gvwr is 9995. The hitch weight is likely closer to 1400 pounds loaded up.

To those who ordered one. How did you spec yours? Gotta ask. I went with the chaise lounge and auto leveling, fireplace, and 12v fridge. Didn’t add the second ac tho.
Bassmastergeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #17

Latest update from dealer - end of June delivery. It was long timing to start, but getting worse. Wanted to provide an update. Not sure if anyone else has one on order. Feedback directly from Jayco is the next 264bhok build is still not on their build schedule. More to come.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:12 PM   #18

When we bought our 264BHOK the dealer had two sitting on the lot in Seattle. The dealer in Idaho had two also. Not sure about inventory now, but perhaps call around to dealers within 500 miles and see what is in inventory.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #19

Not stepping up...

Received a call from Jayco this morning expecting another delay. Instead we received word that all retail orders for the 264BHOK will be cancelled and that the floor plan is discontinued. 284BHOK will continue production. Back to the drawing board.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:06 PM   #20
DB1

Congrats.
I own a 2020 312Bhok HT, it’s big. Tow with a F250 6.2L, does good and feels safe, we just travel Wisconsin and Michigan at this time…..Love it with all the space.
I highly advise you work with and ask, that the dealer/stealership gets the WDH setup correctly or you research and know what to look for and how it’s going to work.
That’s from my own wrong doing. Finally got mine set right….
All the best. DB
DB1 is offline   Reply With Quote