Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #21

Mine is a 42 gal Barker. They run in the $200 neighborhood. Having 4 wheels is very handy cuz there's no lifting involved when moving it around when full.

You can strap it to your roof ladder if you don't want yo put it in the pick up bed.

2016 Eagle 321RSTS. MorRyde pin box. 12cu ft refer. Slide toppers and second awning.

2014 Silverado Duramax. Crew cab short box. Reese Titan 16K slider. Air bags.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:43 PM   #22

We carry ours in front of the fifth wheel hitch. I pull it with the truck to the dump station by dropping the handle over a 2 inch ball on the receiver hitch. With the fifth wheel we never use it unless the wife want to run the washer. 2 loads of clothes will fill it up enough to pull it to the dump. For normal trips without running the washer we can do 5 days without needing the thing. We never use it for black water and I can't stay in one place long enough for that to become an issue.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Grandpa View Post
Mine is a 42 gal Barker. They run in the $200 neighborhood. Having 4 wheels is very handy cuz there's no lifting involved when moving it around when full.

You can strap it to your roof ladder if you don't want yo put it in the pick up bed.
We had the same one and carried it for years but only used it a couple of times. We eventually sold it since it took up so much storage space.

One thing we started doing over the years was the dishes in a sink pail then dumping the dirty water into the toilet to save the grey tank space for the shower and bath sink.

The motorhomes we've had all had approx 50 gallon black and grey tanks, but back in the day with both kids on board the four of us would fill the grey tank in about 5 days.
A clear indication is backup in the shower drain as it is the lowest of them all.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismoore701 View Post
Ok I think I have the dw sold. I have a 30' trailer. Think it has a 30 gal tank. What tote size and brand should I get
Find out for sure the size of your grey and black tanks. Google if you have to.

I'd get one that is larger than the highest capacity tank.

I have seen way to many people skimp on the tote size because they trust the tank level sensor. Big mistake. They pull the handle, walk away and come back to a hose that is backed up to the tank drain. Now what cha gonna do? They won't be trusting those level sensors again.

Actually, one guy said he was going to do the ice thing to clean out his black tank on the way home and get the sensor working again. He came back to the campground the next week and said it was working great again. I made a bet with him. Three days later he pulls the handle when the sensor said that tank was 1/2 full. Guess what happened a 2nd time? Lol. I was the happy recipient of a bottle of Jack!!!!!!

Go larger, pull handle and walk away with piece of mind.
Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:50 AM   #25
Site Team

Are you so busy camping that you can't stand there a minute and let it fill. Mine is easy to put 15 gallons into. Only overflowed once. Use the small air vent as a dip stick to tell when it's full.

To each his own but I don't want it taking up so much space when I only use it 2-3 times a year.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
I have 2 of them and transport them to the dump station in the back of the truck. I am sure an old water pump WILL NOT WORK.. there is too much debris in grey water.. get a flojet macerator pump.. one of the better investments you will make.
FloJet RV Waste Pump Kit - Xylem 18555000A - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World
Check Amazon too for probably a better price..
Works well for us also. I bought 25' of 3/4 in. heavy duty clear plastic tubing and added shutoff valves for BOTH ends. That way, not only could I see when it was running clear, but was able to completely shut off and control the emptying of the what was left in the hose when disconnecting.