Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Burt
Posts: 26
Tire Size - 2015 Jayco Eagle 314 BHDS

I am looking at buying a new set of tires for my trailer but I am unsure what size they are. I can't check due to the fact that my trailer is in storage.

Does anyone happen to know the stock size? If my memory is correct, I think they might be 225 75 R15.

I am looking at getting a set of Goodyear Endurance 10 ply (E rated) for additional load capacity.

Thanks for your help.
__________________

faststandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by faststandard View Post
I am looking at buying a new set of tires for my trailer but I am unsure what size they are. I can't check due to the fact that my trailer is in storage.

Does anyone happen to know the stock size? If my memory is correct, I think they might be 225 75 R15.

I am looking at getting a set of Goodyear Endurance 10 ply (E rated) for additional load capacity.

Thanks for your help.
We bought this tire at Discount 126 weight rating 87 mph speed rated.For our 16 Eagle 321 RSTS.Not sure if it makes much difference in Arizona.Are tires get replaced every three years no mater how they look!
Attached Thumbnails
Hartland tire.jpg  
__________________

bdreinv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SW
Posts: 346
I believe the standard tire is an E-rated 225/75/15. Jayco also offers an 235/85/16 E-rated Goodyear Endurance tire as an option on the Jayco Eagles.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:50 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,087
The standard tire for the 2015 model is listed as ST225/75R15 Load D, you will have no problem going to load E since you have a six lug wheel. I bought the same Endurance tire last summer going from a load c to e.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SW
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNow View Post
I believe the standard tire is an E-rated 225/75/15 . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
The standard tire for the 2015 model is listed as ST225/75R15 Load D . . .
Oops, just noticed the OP has a 2015. I was looking at a new, leftover, 2017 Jayco Eagle bumper-pull a few days ago and did happen to notice it had E-rated, Goodyear 225/75/15 tires. I'm assuming they probably changed from D to E at some point. Probably a good idea since most late-model, bumper-pull Jayco Eagles have a GVWR of 10k and higher.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNow View Post
Oops, just noticed the OP has a 2015. I was looking at a new, leftover, 2017 Jayco Eagle bumper-pull a few days ago and did happen to notice it had E-rated, Goodyear 225/75/15 tires. I'm assuming they probably changed from D to E at some point. Probably a good idea since most late-model, bumper-pull Jayco Eagles have a GVWR of 10k and higher.
On are 16 Eagle 321 RSTS we have 235 80 R16s. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Hartland tire.jpg  
bdreinv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SW
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
On are 16 Eagle 321 RSTS we have 235 80 R16s. Thanks
We have the optional 235/85/16 Goodyear Endurance E-rated tires/rims on our '18 Jayco Eagle. I'm sure the standard 225/75/15 tires are more than fine; but, for our peace-of-mind it's nice to have all the excess load capacity. I will say there's very little clearance between these larger 235/85/16 tires and the upper part of the wheel well. Haven't noticed any rubbing yet, but it is close.
__________________

CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jacyo, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.