Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #1

Toilet Overflow-Help!

Stupid move yes: 2020 new Eagle HT 264BHOK Black tank flushed, gray tank flushed and 1 round of back flush empty in 2nd repeat husband got impatient and tried to hurry tank fill by putting heavy object on flushing pedal in bathroom toilet. Didn’t watch close enough and overflowed entire bathroom floor, part of toy hauler cubby area and little bit towards slide....we threw towels down immediately and soak-dried it all up. Question is after 5 days with de-humidifier in there while parked at home now....how can we check the damage? Curious about the floor vent in bathroom if water was able to get in it. What to do now? Yes, we know not warranty covered prob. Hubby in major trouble with me! Any experienced advice?
big50rvyeahbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:27 PM   #2

Hubbies are expendable. At least my wife says so, and she has just about 45 years of experience. Sorry I can't help otherwise -- but I've seen worse, more disgusting overflow situations online. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #3

It is difficult for anyone to determine if there is damage to the floor without removing the floor material (carpet or other flooring material), however if the floor becomes soft and spring like then that is a sign of damage, if not then I would simply go with it and see if the floor becomes soft and spongy to step on and if not then that would be great. Seeing how you immediately threw towels down and dried everything, then I suspect you will be ok, unless you are saying that the water soaked the floor for a long time and when you found that out you immediately threw towels down, as it is more about how long the floor stayed wet and whether or not it soaked into wood underneath the flooring and if so how much. ~CA
Old 04-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #4

Ok thx-my thoughts as well. It couldn’t have been more than say 4 minutes or 5. We were outside packing up truck for departure. There is no damage from floor looking at walls going up-no stains or such and it was crystal clear water so no sewage etc to worry about. I’m just worried about the vent in the floor portion. Not sure if any went down it. Floor itself is dry and you can’t even tell it happened..visually and floor texture walking wise.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #5

Poor hubby yes-he still feels horrible cutting corners for time. Ok thx though
Old 04-01-2021, 04:52 PM   #6
Site Team

You might put a dehumidifier inside, and run it for several days with the unit closed up. That'll take a lot of moisture out of places you can't see or get to. Just a thought.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Able View Post
Hubbies are expendable. At least my wife says so, and she has just about 45 years of experience.
I would rather be expendable, my wife says I’m her one and only hemorrhoid
Old 04-02-2021, 12:27 PM   #8

Sounds like you got it soaked up quickly. I wouldn't think there was enough time to get any damage that you will ever notice. At worse your floor laminate could separate if the glue cracks
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:34 AM   #9

Not so concerned about the floor, but whats underneath. You may want to cut your underbelly open and see if you soaked your insulation. This could be a really big issue. Ask me how I know. You can cut it open and then tape it back, so be careful how you cut.
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote