Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

Trip to dealer for warranty work

Well our warranty will be up in Feb 19 so we made an appointment to take the camper in next week for warranty work. We really haven't had too many issues. Nothing that has warranted going in earlier. The last time we were at the dealer was when we did the pre-delivery inspection and then pulled it home. They fixed the couple things we noted (weather trim and replaced a lock striker) on the spot.

I would say the biggest thing I have on my list is the fridge won't stay running while going down the road on propane. Yes, I purge the gas by lighting the stove before leaving. It can run all weekend on propane and it will be out when we get home. Not really a big deal, it isn't like anyone is going in and out of there while we are going down the road. Our trips are within 1-2 hrs of home. We just made it part of our setup checklist to turn it off and back to propane.

The TV is a bit odd. It seems to get a mind of its own sometimes. You don't even have to touch the buttons on the side to get the volume/channel/source/power buttons to activate. Just hover your finger over the button. We rarely use it though. Maybe check the weather first thing in the morning or before going to bed.

Other than that the panels on several cupboard doors just started falling out. They are just glued in place with what looks like caulk. The bathroom door only latches when the camper is leveled with the stabilizers down. Meaning it can swing open and closed going down the road. This movement is limited to about 6" because it bumps into the slide. A screw is backing out on the one of the trim that goes across the top of the blinds in the bedroom window. The awning can stick a bit when extending it. Of course it is the one at the back of the camper so I have to run it out about a 1', go give it a tug and then extend it the rest of the way.

I think the only other thing is when we got back from the last trip, I opened the fresh water drain valve after dumping the black/grey tanks. We got home and it still said there was 1/3 tank in the fresh side. Everything else was empty. Seems odd. The hose going to the valve is clear so I can see there is no water in the line. I get that the sensors on the waste tanks can get debris and fail but I thought the fresh was usually pretty accurate. Not that big of a deal I know when it is full when filling it before a trip and we have never run out of fresh water before having a completely full black tank that was ending the trip anyhow.

So far we are happy with how the JayFeather is holding up. Sure they are built to be light and that means not as strong but it has been holding up well for us. There hasn't been any issues that have caused us to not go camping or cut a trip short so we could take it to the dealer and sit there for weeks. Many of the issues I could have addressed on my own but will let them address since it is under warranty. With school starting and kids busy with sports our season is done for the year so a perfect time to get it in and back home before the snow flies.

Oh I might try and see if I can get the $100 toward the purchase of the new mattress. We can't stand the original one. The only part of me that can sleep on it is my arm as I am laying on my side. We tried a couple different foam toppers but they are way too soft for me. I really am not that fussy with a bed normally but I just haven't found a happy medium yet. We have a sleep number bed at home and have considered going that route.