Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2021, 06:23 PM   #1

TT Trip Planner App

Beginning to plan our fourth cross country trip. This time Austin to Oakland. I'm a bit tech challenged so I just discovered, "There's an app for that." Recommendations please. I'd like something I can download on to the PC to make the plan and book sites but also download on to the Android phone for Gas stations, dump stations and the like.

Thanks kindly.
StevePowerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:25 AM   #2

check out rvtripwizard.com it will do most if not all you are looking to do.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #3

AllStays is one of our go-to resources for planning but it not a complete solution (doesn’t really do route planning). For us it provides a handy Search/mapping tool for CG’s, fuel stops, rest stops, low over passes and the like. Between this, Google maps and campground reviews we have a great travel experience.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracqueteer View Post
check out rvtripwizard.com it will do most if not all you are looking to do.
I concur. Not perfect, but it does really well (I'm in Canada, so gas station data points are limited, things like that). The membership for RV Trip Wizard gives you the companion app which you can do turn-by-turn directions from on offline maps. They recently added CarPlay compatibility into the app and keep improving it over time.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #5

I also use RVTrip Wizard. I used to use Good Sam planner but they changed vendors and it still hasn't got back to it previous level. When I changed to RVTrip Wizard it not only had great features but they LISTEN to its users. I've personally made a couple of suggestions (probably not the only one) that were implemented in the next bug fix. It is easy to use, allows you to look at alternative routes, has links to every campground displayed, and allows you to store multiple trips.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
I also use RVTrip Wizard. I used to use Good Sam planner but they changed vendors and it still hasn't got back to it previous level. When I changed to RVTrip Wizard it not only had great features but they LISTEN to its users. I've personally made a couple of suggestions (probably not the only one) that were implemented in the next bug fix. It is easy to use, allows you to look at alternative routes, has links to every campground displayed, and allows you to store multiple trips.
X2, been using it for almost two years now and the main process for planning our reservations/sites, and routes, etc.... being full-time it really helps with the pre-palnning and RV safe GPS routing hasn't failed us yet...coupled with our Garmin RV GPS...
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote