Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #1

TV Mount kit for included Jayco Quick release Mount?

Hi everyone. I looked in the forum but couldn't find a post. I just bought a new Jayco Jayflight and it came with a quick mount that you can hang your TV on. What is the best kit you can buy on Amazon to attach the TV to this quick mount frame?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Earl Lee
Old 08-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #2

Mine came with a TV so the mount was already on it. I also got a mount for the 2nd TV (TV not included) in the bedroom so I think you should have gotten one with the camper, I would call the dealer. I have a drawing of the mount if you need, it's a PDF so I don't think I can attach it here.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBob View Post
Mine came with a TV so the mount was already on it. I also got a mount for the 2nd TV (TV not included) in the bedroom so I think you should have gotten one with the camper, I would call the dealer. I have a drawing of the mount if you need, it's a PDF so I don't think I can attach it here.

Yes, mine also came with a TV in the living room area (not one that I'll remove). They gave me the mount for the bedroom and also you can move that bracket to the outside RV area if you want. But basically I'm just wondering the best bracket that attaches to the TV itself (for the bedroom). Ideally I just will mount the TV to this removable bracket so I can use it in the bedroom or the outside area. But I'm just wondering what the best bracket is to attach with that small piece that they gave me.

I will try to take a photo of the actual piece that attaches to the wall but I don't have it with me now. I'm wondering did you just get some screws like this to attach the TV to that mounting plate they included for the bedroom? - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773DHZP6...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 08-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #4

Yes, screws like that, the manual for your TV should tell which size and length to get. I was referring to the mount that screws to the back of the TV, it came with the camper. There is a quick release and you just release and move outside, I did not have to get any other mounting hardware. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBob View Post
Yes, screws like that, the manual for your TV should tell which size and length to get. I was referring to the mount that screws to the back of the TV, it came with the camper. There is a quick release and you just release and move outside, I did not have to get any other mounting hardware. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.
Ah perfect. Thanks BanjoBob! Greatly appreciated. OK, I'll just look in the TV manual once I buy a second TV for the bedroom and then get those screws. Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to trying out this new RV.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Hi everyone. I looked in the forum but couldn't find a post. I just bought a new Jayco Jayflight and it came with a quick mount that you can hang your TV on. What is the best kit you can buy on Amazon to attach the TV to this quick mount frame?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Earl Lee
This is the link for the mount factory installed on the Jaycos, they have different brackets you can buy that clip to the existing factor mount.
https://www.lw-eng.com/categories?category_id=1
Biggiantshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Ah perfect. Thanks BanjoBob! Greatly appreciated. OK, I'll just look in the TV manual once I buy a second TV for the bedroom and then get those screws. Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to trying out this new RV.
I was worried about the same thing when I purchased my TV for the camper recently, but the TV already had mounting screws installed in the holes that I was able to use with the bracket Jayco supplied.
LawnFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnFlamingo View Post
I was worried about the same thing when I purchased my TV for the camper recently, but the TV already had mounting screws installed in the holes that I was able to use with the bracket Jayco supplied.

Great! I haven't bought a new TV in a while so it sounds like they have come a ways. Just out of curiosity, what type of TV did you get? How big of a TV did you get? I'm wanting to go as big as I can. I'll take measurements in the RV but I'd love to hear what size you went with.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #9

When I needed to mount my TV SET I went to AMAZON and searched for "TV VESA Mount kit with Quick release Mount"

Got bunches of hits on the AMAZON page...

My application was for mounting the TV SET inside a fifth wheel trailer outside storage door for a friend and wanted it to swing out into the patio area...

Don't remember having to go through all of the various screws and hardware like being discussed here... I found all of the screws I needed in my junk tool box... If the screws I had didn't fit that is what my drill set is for haha...

I'm kinda kidding here abit… Of course there is a right way to do things

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #10

I have a 19 28BHS that came with the second bracket. I bought a nice Vizo online but found the mount does not line up with the TV. I had to take the mount to our local Best Buy store and found only 1 TV fit the bracket. Ended up with a 32" sharp. Definitely recommend taking the bracket with you to a local big box store first and see what options you have!
khayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Great! I haven't bought a new TV in a while so it sounds like they have come a ways. Just out of curiosity, what type of TV did you get? How big of a TV did you get? I'm wanting to go as big as I can. I'll take measurements in the RV but I'd love to hear what size you went with.

Thanks in advance.
My 32BHDS has a swivel TV area for the main area/bedroom that this 39" fit perfect. I ended buying a new mounting block and bracket that extends so you can watch it from multiple angles, especially the couch.

I had to remove the mirror, then i made a mounting plate for the backside.

When on the road, the TV is protected by the doors that lock around it. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190802-152007_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	52097
LawnFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggiantshane View Post
This is the link for the mount factory installed on the Jaycos, they have different brackets you can buy that clip to the existing factor mount.
https://www.lw-eng.com/categories?category_id=1
Thank you so much for this link! We have yet to get a television for our 224bh. But I figured that if I ever did, I'd want to get a swing arm wall mount. I didn't know if this would even be an option with that quick mount. So your link is really handy to have.

Best wishes,
Frank
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by khayes View Post
I have a 19 28BHS that came with the second bracket. I bought a nice Vizo online but found the mount does not line up with the TV. I had to take the mount to our local Best Buy store and found only 1 TV fit the bracket. Ended up with a 32" sharp. Definitely recommend taking the bracket with you to a local big box store first and see what options you have!
Thanks khayes! That's some great advice and a great idea. I'll definitely bring the bracket with me. I was thinking a 32" was the best size but I'll bring in the bracket and see what lines up with it. That was my main concern finding some way to attach the TV to that really tiny bracket.

I'll post back with photos and what I ended up after I buy it.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #14

https://www.kebloc.com/

Was looking for the same thing.
DDUBYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 04:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDUBYA View Post
https://www.kebloc.com/

Was looking for the same thing.
Our camper came with a Kebloc mounting base in the bedroom and one on the outside wall. We went with the Kebloc tv bracket from their website and love it. We too have a 32” in the bedroom. When it’s travel day the tv comes down in a few seconds. Easy peasy.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:24 AM   #16

Can't help you because we don't own a TV for the RV and don't watch it much at home. We don't camp to watch TV and feel that is pretty much a colossal waste of time.

Rant over.....

We turned that massive area where the TV goes into storage. I am building shelves and matching cabinet doors to cover it.

I guess I could give my mounting hardware away if someone wants it.
Woollymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woollymonster View Post
Can't help you because we don't own a TV for the RV and don't watch it much at home. We don't camp to watch TV and feel that is pretty much a colossal waste of time.

Rant over.....

We turned that massive area where the TV goes into storage. I am building shelves and matching cabinet doors to cover it.

I guess I could give my mounting hardware away if someone wants it.
We use our RV different than most. When we go camping the TV doesn’t turn on. Mostly we use our RV as a second home by parking it at an RV park along the Texas coast for about 6 months at a time while we fish. For that we do watch TV particularly baseball and football.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv mount