Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Indialantic
Posts: 3
Water pump running when connected to city water

Hello All. I have a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB. Does any one know what should happen if I am connected to city water and I turn the water pump on? I am thinking that the pump would detect the high pressure and not come on. However, what I am seeing is that as long as the pump is on it runs whenever I run water (tap, tub, toilet) and I end up using up my fresh water. I guess the simple solution is to turn off the pump, but I want to make sure that I don't have something configured wrong.
__________________

Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Screwby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Full Timer
Posts: 488
Turn off the pump, it will run with the city water connected. It has no way to know the difference.
__________________

__________________
1999 Suburban 2500 4x4
2016 Jayflight 23RB Elite, Fiberglass, Polar Package
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Turn off the pump, it will run with the city water connected. It has no way to know the difference.

What he ^^^^ said. When the pressure drops, the pump turns on.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescue Eydie (min Schnauzer)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Nights Camped: 102 '15, 90 '16, 80 '17, 161 '18 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
wags999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Surprise
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Hello All. I have a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB. Does any one know what should happen if I am connected to city water and I turn the water pump on? I am thinking that the pump would detect the high pressure and not come on. However, what I am seeing is that as long as the pump is on it runs whenever I run water (tap, tub, toilet) and I end up using up my fresh water. I guess the simple solution is to turn off the pump, but I want to make sure that I don't have something configured wrong.
Your pump only pumps water from your fresh water tank. If your connected to city water there is no reason to have the pump on.
__________________
2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Indialantic
Posts: 3
Got it. Thanks for the responses. Semper Fi, wags.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orange County, N.Y.
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Your pump only pumps water from your fresh water tank. If your connected to city water there is no reason to have the pump on.
X2
__________________
Joe, Joyce , 4 Kids and 3 Dogs.
2004 V-10 Excursion with Hellwig sway bar, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer, Super Duty Tow Mirrors,
3.73 Gears, Reese dual cam, Prodigy brake controller.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:14 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 65
My Golden Pump Rule!!
My pump remains off at all times.
It is on my departure checklist.
Water Pump Off!!
I only activate my pump while using my taps through freshwater tank.
Once I have completed my task ie: Shower,washing dishes, etc,
Pump is turned off.
But thats just Me.....
Haven't had pump issues in 30 years.
__________________
2012 Tacoma
2018 SLX 145RB
Tinyhse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lompoc
Posts: 10
I don't know what kind of rigs you guys have, but if I'm connected to city water my pump never runs, even if it's turned on. The pressure switch in the lines senses the city water and prevents the pump from coming on.
__________________

__________________
2005 Kiwi 23B
Reese Trunnion WDH
2005 F-150 w/ Flashpaq
Tinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fresh, jayco jay flight 23rb, pump, water, water pump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jacyo, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.