Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2018, 11:50 AM   #21

I strapped a 6 inch vinyl fence post under the camper with a couple metal straps and put a cap on one end. The open end has a hole for me to drop a bolt through. The fence post already had slits for the railing so I didn't have to worry about drilling additional holes for ventilation. My sewer accessories and bright orange Camco non drinking water hose are stored in the front compartment of our 267bhsw in a plastic container without a lid. I keep all of the fresh water supplies clear across the camper in the same compartment that has the water heater.
sasiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #22

My friend bought a 2nd battery box and mounted it to his rear bumper for storing his sewage elbow. I liked his plan and stepped it up one notch... I bought a plastic 50 caliber ammo box to mount on my rear bumper. The ammo box has its own securing lid, as opposed to the battery box which needs that annoying strap configuration. I'll use either U-bolts or pipe clamps to mount to the bumper. Holes in bottom to allow for mounting will also allow any moisture to escape.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:21 PM   #23

I keep my sewer hose in the bumper. I keep a blue coiled (marine grade) hose, used to clean sewer hoses and pieces, wrapped around my spare tire with a bungee. I keep the elbows and rubber seals in a plastic container. I do let them dry completely before sealing it. I keep my potable water hose and all accessories in a separate plastic container.
plylercamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #24

Like others, I store sewer line in the bumper, keep elbows and sewer fittings, in a separate open air box that is stored in a separate area on rig. Potable water hose is white and I do screw the two ends together when storing. Black tank flush hose is a shorter hose, different color and I marked both ends with black electrical tape just to make sure I don’t screw up !!

Longleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #25

We have a dedicated tote for all things sewer: hose, bridge, elbow, extra gaskets.
I do keep the toilet pods in the medicine cabinet, rather than on the floor by the toilet, so toddler won't eat them.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:09 PM   #26

In bed of TV. Hose goes into a yellow Good Sam's bag they used to distribute for clean-up program.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:20 AM   #27

I got a 6. Inch pvc pipe capped one end. And put a screw plug in other end. Then zip tied it right below the front of my trailer under the tongue with 3 each side 275 pound zip ties as my jayco 161 has no bumper. I can put a 15 foot Sewer hose in it with ends still attached
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #28

For those storing the sewer hose in the bumper, have you lost a hose due to the bumper end cap coming off during travel?

If you replaced the caps, which ones did you buy?
I bought the Camco 40325 caps.
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #29

I’ve never had a cap come off (I have to pull it pretty hard to get it off myself.) Even if it did, I don’t know how the hose could entirely slide out. It seems fairly snug.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #30

I keep mine in a plastic tote, with the end sealed, its not air tight so that's not an issue.. The Whawk has a compartment right above the drain ports.. That's where I store the tote exclusively .. easy to pull out right where I utilize them.. and easy to put right back in after dumping and cleaning out the hose.

Best!
Old 06-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #31

Keep mine in a sealed plastic tote (two 15 ft hoses, fittings and 90 for the septic hookup and my clear waste/flush valve)..... Also, I got extra caps and cap all my stuff, my hosed are hooked to itself, my flush valve is capped on both ends.
I also have a brown garden hose with a 90 fitting for my flush my black tank and other campground stuff (campfire safety and putting it out). I only connect it to my black water flush when I'm flushing, otherwise it's disconnected and coiled or in the compartment.

All my potable hoses/fittings in another box (hoses blue/white, fittings, filters, washers etc).
Old 06-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #32

All of my black tank related stuff go in one compartment, and the kids are not allowed to go in it for any reason. My DW gets out the hand sanitizer automatically when she sees me go for that compartment.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #33

I keep my hose in the bumper.
And all the other bits and pieces in a plastic bin just make sure you wash them off pretty good, keep the lid cracked never had a problem with smell
5th wheeler JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #34

Primary hose and fittings are in a fence post under the rig. Hose extension and extra parts are in a plastic tote.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #35

I just drilled a small hole through the top edge of the bumper and the part of the end cap that slides in. Drop a small bolt down through both holes and that baby will not come out.
Fyouberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Central Florida View Post
Tim,

Although everybody has their own way of doing things, I agree with Woodworker. I use a separate hose for the black tank flush and segregate it well away from my potable hose.
I agree....strongly. If those 2 hoses touch, I need a therapist.
chesterBurnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #37

I keep the hoses in the bumper & the rest in a sealed 3 gallon bucket
cfarrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:01 AM   #38

I mounted an expandable tube you can get from Camping World on top of trailer bumper for a 10' hose with ends. The 25 foot hose without ends goes in the bumper. All other sewer and water connections are kept in a small sealed container under the slide out storage hold. Hoses are roled and in same compartment.
RubyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
The hose goes in the bumper. All the rest of the fittings and a 10' garden hose, used only for sewer cleanup, go in a plastic 5 gallon bucket with a sealed lid in the storage compartment. I live in a dry climate and haven't had problems from mold. You could always take things out after a trip and let them air dry if you think it would be a problem.
That is exactly what I do. It is advisable however to keep some spare end caps and duct tape. I have lost a few end caps, now it is part of my regular routine to check them at every pit stop when I do my circle check.
edburman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #40

2 expandable sewer hoses are kept in bumper and clear elbow and hose attachments in a plastic bin with lid. In regard to the black tank flush valve I have a quick connect on my potable hose that prevents backflow and the flush system has a backflow preventer check valve built in. I use my potable hose, with quick connect for both and have made it to the age of 72 without getting sick.
Am I missing something?
Idaho Joe is offline   Reply With Quote