Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2019, 04:21 AM   #1

White hawk slide lights not working

2018 whitehawk 29bh

Pulled my trailer to my seasonal site for the summer the other day and hooked up to power to get the fridge going for the weekend. Upon trying out things in the trailer the 2 ceiling lights one above dinette and one above the sofa don't work aswell as the slide strip lighting.

What doesn't make sense is everything else in the trailer works, outlets, microwave fireplace. And the house outlet in the slide between the dinette and sofa works. Which I assume would be fed from the same wiring under the slide which I looked at looks fine no visible damage.

This is the second season with the trailer and it worked when we packed up for the year last summer.

Things I've tried are turning off and on all breakers in the fuse panel, putting my progressive industries ems into bypass mode, looked at wiring under the slide and popped the switch cover off in the slide ceilings to check connections.
Kyleorsini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #2

Sounds like a loose connection going to the slideout.

I would open up both fixtures and check for a loose connection. The lights are daisy-chained together, so if the feed going to the first came loose, then both lights won't work.

Does the wall fixture work, between the dinette and the couch?
Old 05-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #3

Yes the wall outlet works. Which I would assume would be also in the same wiring as the lights.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #4

Not sure about your exact trailer and not trying to over simplify so please don’t get offended. I’ve noticed in my trailer there are two switches next to each other for the slide lights you are talking about. It doesn’t make sense to me, but the one switch controls the light string under the sofa only. Weird part is both switches must be on for the sofa lights to work. Then the overhead fixtures have a push button (on/off) on each one. They must be pushed “on” for the wall switch to operate the lights. Just throwing it out there because it took some getting used to for me.

So long story even longer........ If I only want the sofa string lights on by themselves, I have to turn both wall switches on and then go and push each ceiling fixture button off. Hope this makes sense.

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #5

2018 29BH, your trailer is identical to my 27rb. Just 2 feet longer and you have bunks instead of a larger bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCO
Then the overhead fixtures have a push button (on/off) on each one. They must be pushed “on” for the wall switch to operate the lights. Just throwing it out there because it took some getting used to for me.
Definitely check this first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleorsini View Post
2018 whitehawk 29bh

Pulled my trailer to my seasonal site for the summer the other day and hooked up to power to get the fridge going for the weekend. Upon trying out things in the trailer the 2 ceiling lights one above dinette and one above the sofa don't work aswell as the slide strip lighting.

What doesn't make sense is everything else in the trailer works, outlets, microwave fireplace. And the house outlet in the slide between the dinette and sofa works. Which I assume would be fed from the same wiring under the slide which I looked at looks fine no visible damage.

This is the second season with the trailer and it worked when we packed up for the year last summer.

Things I've tried are turning off and on all breakers in the fuse panel, putting my progressive industries ems into bypass mode, looked at wiring under the slide and popped the switch cover off in the slide ceilings to check connections.
Do all the other lights in the unit work?

You should have additional fuses to the left of your breakers. I'd check those if you haven't already.

Quote:
Yes the wall outlet works. Which I would assume would be also in the same wiring as the lights.
In my unit the outlets are not on the same as the lights. Lights run on 12V, outlets on 120.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleorsini View Post
On my Whitehawk I have a light fixture on the wall, between the couch and dinette, do you have a fixture there? If so, does it work?

The receptacle and lights won't be on the same circuit, so if the receptacle works, that would make sense.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #7

So problem found , totally overlooked the 15 amp fuses in the breaker. Found and replaced the blown one. And the fuse blew again. Never had a single issue last year. Any ideas what the fuse blowing could be?
Old 05-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #8

So turns to be the switch on the slide that controls the undersofa led and top slide led light. With a fuse in I can use the push button light above sofa and the switch for the dinette light. Click image for larger version

Name:	00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190518162915699.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	49866Attachment 49867Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190518_161739.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	49868