Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
LOL .... not a chance, well, maybe! Wife told me this is the perfect trailer, and i can no longer look. Probably why i am divorced remarried ... 1st wife stopped letting me go to the trailer shows. Understand something, there was a time thru my stretch of Jaycos that they were used ones , purchased in US, brought them to Canada, used them for a season or two, than sold them and made a few bucks or broke even, but i never bought anything except Jayco/Starcraft. Way back in 2001 they stood behind their LiteHawk water leak issues, and i swore i would never purchase any other brand.....

BTW .... has anyone had issues with their fresh/grey/black tank level sensors not working? I heard it all today from a 2017 195RB owner! Thats another story, but my fresh does not work, not sure on other two yet!
LOL .... was reading this thread i had started, and came across one of my posts. Well, the 212qbw is gone, but, i still think it is a great floorplan.... just wish the sofa would have been larger. Was out in the driveway today, temps here in SW Ontario are trying to hit the 32 degree mark .... we can't wait to use the new 26BH Jayflight
Old 01-25-2018, 09:09 PM   #42

Installed a Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C hardwired surge protection. Fit into the same spot as the electrical junction box on the floor behind the jackknife couch. Took about 90 minutes to install.

Easy access if you remove the back of the couch (2 bolts each side). Right now, the remote display is on the wall using Command Strip tape.

I can post a picture should anyone be interested, along with suggestion for the install.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
Installed a Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C hardwired surge protection. Fit into the same spot as the electrical junction box on the floor behind the jackknife couch. Took about 90 minutes to install.

Easy access if you remove the back of the couch (2 bolts each side). Right now, the remote display is on the wall using Command Strip tape.

I can post a picture should anyone be interested, along with suggestion for the install.

I’d be interested in pictures and install suggestions.

2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-26-2018, 10:42 PM   #44

Right now the TT is in for some warranty work. As soon as I can get to the trailer, I'll get some pictures.

As for placement; there is a junction box on the floor under the jackknife couch. If you unbolt the back (2 nuts each side), remove the back and then open the couch, you will get access. Remove the L shaped boards around the junction box. Then remove the junction box. It is almost an exact fit and you don't have to screw the EMS unit into the floor (no place for the box to move). Connect the wiring (make sure you have cut all AC power before starting) and replace the L shaped boards. Make sure you hook up the remote cable before wiring as there is virtually no way to put it in after you wire in the AC. Close the couch, replace the back and place the remote monitor.

That's how I put it in. The remote is mounted using Command tapes until I locate exactly where I want it. Remember, the remote monitor must be plugged in before you plug in the AC power, as per instructions.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:44 AM   #45

Yes. Thank you.

2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #46

I just picked one up 2 weeks ago...2017

Hi,

We just got ours and are excited to get out this month. Our plans so far: GC2 battery swap (maybe to 4 6v batts), bed support and close off pass thru, and some kind of smaller tv. How are people putting a tv above the dinette? Also has anyone added an LED strip under the awning yet?

Just started on the forum and haven't really setup my profile yet. Lots of good info.

thanks

Art
Artsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #47

We just put the TV on the shelf over the dinette, and when travelling, took it down and put it face down on the sofa. Never bothered with the LED strip .... the led light on outside is bright, plus you have one under the steps on the frame
Old 02-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #48

JaycoJay,

What size tv were you able to setup above the dinette? Haven't measured it out yet.

thanks Art
Artsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #49

we installed a 24" on the swing arm style mount. fold up flush to wall mount and locks in place for travel.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #50

Troutcamper.....any pix? Is it mounted to cabinet framing or wall? If wall how?

I see you flyfish.....grew up in Montana flyfishing. I miss that now.....bit different in Cali.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #51

it's similar to this one, but I think was only around $30.
mounts on the rear wall next to that cubby hole where Jayco has stenciled the spot to hang. has swing and tilt and lock.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/MORryde-T...&wl13=&veh=sem

MORryde TV1-025H Small Extending Swivel Wall Mount
Old 02-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #52

Helpful info, thanks to all.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #53

We used a 24 inch.
Tn10point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutcamper View Post
it's similar to this one, but I think was only around $30.
mounts on the rear wall next to that cubby hole where Jayco has stenciled the spot to hang. has swing and tilt and lock.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/MORryde-T...&wl13=&veh=sem

MORryde TV1-025H Small Extending Swivel Wall Mount
What length lag screws did you use?
Moderator on Hi-Lo Trailer Forum
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:22 AM   #55

Tall Deep Slim cabinets left of fridge

Was wondering what people are doing to better utilize this space? It is so deep and I feel stuff will just slide all over or get lost or I can’t reach it. Was thinking of maybe a pull out shelf on gliders with a sectioned off areas. How does everyone use this space?

I am also curious what people are doing with the small space above the radio?

Where are people mounting paper towel racks also?

As you can tell we have just transferred our pop up gear and are starting to organize trailer.

Thanks
Art
Old 02-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsville View Post
Was wondering what people are doing to better utilize this space? It is so deep and I feel stuff will just slide all over or get lost or I can’t reach it. Was thinking of maybe a pull out shelf on gliders with a sectioned off areas. How does everyone use this space?

I am also curious what people are doing with the small space above the radio?

Where are people mounting paper towel racks also?

As you can tell we have just transferred our pop up gear and are starting to organize trailer.

Thanks
Art

We keep the Jayco bag with all our manuals, coiled up coax for hooking up to cable, a first aid kit and other items we want access to but don't use every day. They don't slide around since we use the Jayco bag and cable as "book stops".
Old 02-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #57

I found a paper towel holder made of wood at Walmart. I used some industrial strength glue and mounted it above the sink. It works just fine.

We keep kitchen wraps such as aluminum foil, saran wrap, etc, in the cabinets next to the fridge, also paper plates, cups and boxed food.
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #58

We have one season in ours and love it so far. Only downside is the small kitchen work space but can easily make due. Patiently waiting for the upcoming season
Attached Thumbnails
7B1BD566-A686-40CE-A02E-3A35D1BD4C2A.jpg   48EB2515-81A3-477C-AFCF-1C1B58D68B48.jpg  
Upstater88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstater88 View Post
We have one season in ours and love it so far. Only downside is the small kitchen work space but can easily make due. Patiently waiting for the upcoming season
Now that's a campsite! Looks like a site you would find in one of our many Provincial Parks here in Ontario .... trees n far from neighbours!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05194.JPG  
Old 02-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
Now that's a campsite! Looks like a site you would find in one of our many Provincial Parks here in Ontario .... trees n far from neighbours!
Wow, thats nice! Would love to make it up that way someday. These are a few hidden gems in New York in my opinion. The waterfront site is Delta Lake State park and the other one is Rollins Pond in the Adirondacks
Upstater88 is offline   Reply With Quote