Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #1

2010 1006 lift ?

HELP! I cranked up the roof and set up, and while standing back notice the front was up about an inch more than the back. I cranked a little more too try and level it and heard a sound like wood cracking, so I quit. Thought about it all weekend, and at take down, I dropped it a little and attempted to raise up, when the back let loose and fell and the front stayed up. We were able to lift up the back and lower the front with the crank to get it down. Now its down, the front two lift poles work, back two do nothing. I do all my own work on everything, figure I would tear into it, but its closed and I can't get to anything to work on it! I'm I missing something, or I am going to have to lift or jack this roof to get into it to fix it? Part of me is saying to just take to a dealer and let the experienced fix it. Anyone have any idea of the cost for something like this? Thanks for any info!
gomerag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #2

I would guess that your back jacking mechanism has let go from where it is screwed into the frame. Probably the rear driver side as it has the pulley that reverses the cable for the curb side as well.

Yes, you will have to manually lift the back as you crank the front up - get a helper or two. Use good sturdy braces to hold the back in position. Open the rear driver side corner of the unit (under the dinette) and check to see if the guide mechanism has pulled away from the wood framing. It may be hidden behind a finish panel. If the road side looks fine, check the curb side - I may have the cabling route mixed up in my head...

Most common cause would probably be water infiltration and wood rot, so you could be facing a big issue. But it could also be just a broken or badly attached screw. Once you see the issue, you can probably gauge your ability to take on the repair work.

There are a couple of posts here in the pup forum with photos where owners have taken on similar work. GLTY!
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote