Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #1

Exclamation 2010 Jayco Jay Series 1207

Second attempt at this post, lost the first one. lol

New to me PUP is in transit to me. And I am new to traveling with one as well. Before I take it on the road, I'd like to address the following. So here goes:

- Bearings - according to current owner, they haven't been serviced in a couple of years...should i grease and roll or replace/grease and roll? Anyone have insight on what part are needed or a "kit" having ALL the replacement parts? I know the owners manual says EZ Lube exists, should I replace with the same or does anyone have Dexter?

- Tires - going to replace them to feel safer...owners manual says 13", do I get Radial or Bias Ply Tire? Owners manual says load range C, most tires I have found for 13" are load range D, is this ok? If you have a tire recommendation you have used, please let me know and I will go with it.

- Rear Lights - 1 of the 3 lights above the spare tire is missing the cover..since it's in transit to me, is this an actual light or reflective? Anyone know what the replacement part number is?

Ok, I think that'll get me to where I feel better about getting the camper on the road. Overall it's in great shape. I will do a check of EVERYTHING but the above were on my list of to do's first and foremost. Thank you in advance for your insight!

~Nicole
jpmargt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1207, pup