Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2023, 04:36 PM   #1

Bike carrier on a 2008 Jayco Swan Touring?

Hey guys, anyone got any suggestions on how we could get this bike carrier https://buzzrack.com/galleries/new-buzzybee-h4/ to fit on our 2008 Jayco Swan Touring? We don’t have an extended a frame and are hoping there is a way to use it without having to upgrade to one! Not sure if we can swap out the bumper bar on the back for a tow bar or somehow get it to fit on the a frame. TIA
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0105.jpg   IMG_0106.jpg  
Miss007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 05:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

Perhaps some of our Australian members will respond to your question. Your campers are very different from those here in the US.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 05:35 PM   #3

There is an "A" frame bike rack, just not sure if it's avail in AU, it's on AMAZON.
Old 11-19-2023, 07:45 PM   #4

Thanks guys!

Fingers crossed there are some other Aussies here that can help.

Re: A-frame carrier. Unfortunately we already have the rack, need to find a way to make it work!!
Miss007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 02:36 PM   #5

I don't think it would be wise to add this to your existing setup.

I would not add to the rear bumper, not designed for the type of stress that 4 bikes will place on it and could twist the bumper right off. Also a lot of weight so far behind the trailer axle could upset the balance.

You could look at the A-frame mount from Arvika (LCI has a cheap knock off). They make bike specific ones, but mine is the simple 2" carrier so I can use our Thule rack on the trailer or the truck.

As shown in the picture, it just cleared the back of our SUV on turns with 2 bikes, and now with a pickup I have a couple of divots in the tailgate from too tight turns. With 4 bikes though it would probably interfere with the vehicle. You could also easily mount it rear facing with a pup so the bikes extend over the top, but I would worry (a lot) about whiplash and the bikes colliding with the top of the pup.

The cleanest way to 4 bikes on a pup would be cross bars. Very stable, not very expensive.

Doesn't help that you already have the rack, but this worked great for us for the 6 years we were in a pup.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote