Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #1

Cloth skirt that attaches to bottom of beds

I have a 1995 Jayco 1206 that has fabric at bottom of canvas with bungee cords to attach to underside of beds. It's in bad shape, and I can't imagine how much it would cost to get it all replaced. I understand Velco is used on newer models, but don't know if mine could be fixed in a similar method. I thought about putting grommets around the perimeter and running bungee cords from those. Any ideas?
Saltydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:27 PM   #2

Photos would help.

My brother's has bungee cords from side to side holding the tent ends in place. Adding grommets is really easy.

Pending on your model, they really did not change much over the years, so you might be able to buy new.

We had a 1970 starcraft PU canvased. We had a local boat shop do it. They used the old canvas to make templates for the new. The price was not bad.

Good luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #3

We have thought we might replace the canvas down the road a bit, but not an option right now. I'll jack it up when the weather settles some next week, and look at both grommets and bungees, as well as velcro sewn onto the lower edge of the canvas, and the other half on the bed rail.THANKS!
Old 01-25-2022, 08:21 PM   #4

We have decided to use about 25 snap fasteners around each bed, and attach a piece of canvas to them, after duplicating the design, sewing it together with an Awl. My wife's machne won't do the trick. I might find someone to sew the seam that folds over the bungee cord for me. Another problem is finding a continuous piece of fabric to go around the perimeter. So far, it's all sold by the yard, 60"or so wide.