Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2022, 04:43 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 8
Low Profile Water Pump

I have a 1988 Jay series which uses a Leisure low profile 131-5 (2-way) manual water pump. The diaphragm is shot and apparently both replacement pumps and repair kits have been discontinued. The way the sink and stove section folds for storage requires a low profile replacement pump....slightly over 2" in height. Has anybody found a reliable replacement? The only thing I've found is the Zebra pump which is all plastic and doesn't get a lot of good reviews. It also uses a smaller mounting hole, so the only way to make it work is constructing some sort of mounting plate to cover the old hole. Thanks for any suggestions or work-arounds.
Tommymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 04:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 13,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommymc View Post
I have a 1988 Jay series which uses a Leisure low profile 131-5 (2-way) manual water pump. The diaphragm is shot and apparently both replacement pumps and repair kits have been discontinued. The way the sink and stove section folds for storage requires a low profile replacement pump....slightly over 2" in height. Has anybody found a reliable replacement? The only thing I've found is the Zebra pump which is all plastic and doesn't get a lot of good reviews. It also uses a smaller mounting hole, so the only way to make it work is constructing some sort of mounting plate to cover the old hole. Thanks for any suggestions or work-arounds.
Have you checked here? No connection to the factory.

https://www.jaycorvparts.com/
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:01 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
johneliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chico
Posts: 16
A quick seach:
https://store.thenorthwoodsrvlife.co...way-hand-pump/

https://thecampingcountry.com/produc...mp-leisurecomp

They say in stock but you never know till you put it in your cart and go to check out.
__________________
"Going to the mountains is going home"
- John Muir

1982 Featherlite 4
2018 Lance 1995
2016 Tundra 5.7
johneliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:51 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneliot View Post

They say in stock but you never know till you put it in your cart and go to check out.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've spent a LOT of time searching on the web, and have run across these (and many other) sites. Some may say it's in stock, but upon checkout, it's no longer unavailable. From the information I've seen on some sites, I believe the pump is no longer being made, so my hope is to either find NOS, or a different brand that can be adapted.
Tommymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:53 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Have you checked here? No connection to the factory.

https://www.jaycorvparts.com/
Thanks for the quick reply. The pump isn't listed in their catalog, but I'll leave a message and see if they have any NOS hanging around. Not holding my breath though as I believe these are no longer being manufactured.
Tommymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 13,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommymc View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. The pump isn't listed in their catalog, but I'll leave a message and see if they have any NOS hanging around. Not holding my breath though as I believe these are no longer being manufactured.
Especially since pop-ups are going the way of the dinosaur.

Also check Bontragers.

https://bontragers.com/rv-supplies-accessories/
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
johneliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chico
Posts: 16
Keep looking. I have an Ď82 Featherlite4 I was able to find one this past summer so theyíre out there.
__________________
"Going to the mountains is going home"
- John Muir

1982 Featherlite 4
2018 Lance 1995
2016 Tundra 5.7
johneliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:09 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
johneliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chico
Posts: 16
I keep looking and I think at this point that pump is unobtainium. If mine didn’t work I would do this one in a minute. As a matter of fact, I’m going to buy one anyway.

https://colemanpopupparts.com/produc...powered-faucet
__________________
"Going to the mountains is going home"
- John Muir

1982 Featherlite 4
2018 Lance 1995
2016 Tundra 5.7
johneliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 06:48 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 8
Thanks Johneliot, it looks interesting but doesn't appear to be low profile. My sink/kitchen folds upside down onto the bench and there's only about 2" clearance for the faucet.
Tommymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:52 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
johneliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chico
Posts: 16
Check it out. The faucet sits on a magnetic base. You can put it in the drawer when you pack up and lower the top! Read up on it. it’s a pretty cool idea! Watch this: (you have to watch it on youtube)
__________________
"Going to the mountains is going home"
- John Muir

1982 Featherlite 4
2018 Lance 1995
2016 Tundra 5.7
johneliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.