Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #1

Eastman Lake HOT HOT HOT

So we wanted to get out of the house for a couple of days and friends of mine invited us to the Eastman Lake. They got us a site with a view of the lake but it was a dry camping site...with my generator still stuck at the back of some delivery vehicle and weather being forecasted to be in the triple digits, I kindly declined the offer and reserved the site with electricity and water...

Oh boy...am I glad I did that...It was hot all day and night. My Girlfriend named this camping trip as "Camping in the Devils But Crack". Don't take it wrong, the lake, the campgrounds, the company were nice but the heat was almost too much even with AC running all day and night...

At the end of the day we had a good time and glad we went. We tested our 5th Wheel limits to the hot weather, learned that our AC unit works well...

I am sure some of you have been to Hell and Back on your travels... and know a trick or two hot to make camping in Hot weather tolerable... so It would be nice if you share some ideas and advise...

P.S.: For full camping trip report visit: www.TheIronWolf.net
TheIronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #2

Darlington International Speedway for the NASCAR race in S. Carolina on Labor Day weekend I've seen thermometer in sun hit 115 no wind no trees. Nothin but corn hole, grills, hoarse shoes and cold beer. When ur surrounded wth good friends, good food an activities the heat ain't nothing but a thing. Can't wait to get there this year, heat be damned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
Darlington International Speedway for the NASCAR race in S. Carolina on Labor Day weekend I've seen thermometer in sun hit 115 no wind no trees. Nothin but corn hole, grills, hoarse shoes and cold beer. When ur surrounded wth good friends, good food an activities the heat ain't nothing but a thing. Can't wait to get there this year, heat be damned.

I sure like the "retro" stuff a lot of the teams have been doing the last few years.
jerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog View Post
I sure like the "retro" stuff a lot of the teams have been doing the last few years.
Ya it's been kool an even the track folks are dressed in period clothes. Good times for sure. This will be our 18th year straight