Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #1

St. Rosa Sound RV Resort, Navarre, FL

Last week, my wife and I stumbled upon this place by accident. We were actually going to another campground about a mile or so down the road, and were not happy when we made it there. So we decided to stop by and just make a pass thru the St. Rosa Sound resort, but we fell in love with the place. We quickly went down the street, grabbed the camper, and brought it here. I don't think we have ever picked up the camper, hitched up, and got down the road as fast as we did that day!!

To begin with, the park is open for business, but is still a work in progress. The sites are all completely finished, with nice hook up pedestals (20, 30, 50, dual water with regulators, cable, sewer, wi-fi). The sites are all paved with a layer of mulch seperating you from your neighbor. At first I was hesitant about the mulch, but it surely beats limestone any day of the week!!! After a day or so, it really grew on me and I enjoyed it. The picnic tables are the nicest that I have seen at any campground (or any hardware store either). All of the edges were rounded off, all surfaces were sanded smooth, and they even had wood plugs covering the screws. For someone who strives on attention to details, I was very impressed. The pool is open (which is very nice), as well as the laundry room and the exercise room. There is not a large selection of exercise equipment, but it's enough to get a workout in. They are nearing completion on their clubhouse, and also have plans to add a fishing / docking pier, and possibly rent pontoon boats and jet skis on property. I have noticed on other web sites that a few people have posted complaints about the trees on site. Well, they look like they have been trimmed and I didn't see where anyone would have a problem with them now.

Our spot was directly on the water (#23), and was very easy to back into. We had plenty of room to set up our chairs with the picnic table and still have room to move around without having to get off of cement. (That was very nice!!) Our view was amazing, we could look out of any window and had a great view of the water, which was about 25' away from the camper. The property is set up higher off of the beach, and there is a ledge to transition from the water and sand to the actual grassy area and the sites. We had plenty enough room to park our camper as well as our pickup on the pad and not have the truck sticking out into the street. There are some pull thru sites, some Class A only sites (layout of hookups), and plenty of back in sites.

We were there from Monday to Saturday, and the park seemed very private up until Friday (only about 20% capacity). Once the weekend came, there was more of an influx of campers, and ironically was a bunch of locals. In talking with our neighbors, they live 15 minutes from the campground and are there every other weekend. They said that they go because it's beautiful, peaceful, and you can't beat the sunset when you are sitting on the back of your pad.

I must admit, the prices are a little steep, but if you want to hang out by the water without having a crowd on top of you, this is definately the place to go. They do give a Good Sam discount, but I can't remember exactly how much it was. I was so impressed with the park that I didn't even look at the credit card receipt when she rang me up! Its one of those places that you don't care what the cost is...because that is where you want to stay!!

Another touch that we enjoyed was that we had bad weather come thru one day and it blew some of the mulch and sand on our site. We went out to meet some friends for lunch, and by the time we came back, they had come to our site and cleaned off the cement for us. You can't get that kind of service just anywhere.

http://strosarvresortnavarre.com/
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:55 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0980.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	4785
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0981.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	4786Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	4787

Just a few pictures we took while setting up. Very peaceful.
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote