Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #1

Eagle 330rsts Travel Trailer

Are there any Eagle 330 owners out there? I have never owned a Jayco product, but I have fallen in love with the floorplan of the 330. I would love to hear about the pros and cons of this model. I will be towing with a 2014 Ram 4x4 crew/long bed diesel.
Donmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmacky View Post
Are there any Eagle 330 owners out there? I have never owned a Jayco product, but I have fallen in love with the floorplan of the 330. I would love to hear about the pros and cons of this model. I will be towing with a 2014 Ram 4x4 crew/long bed diesel.
"You have chosen wisely"!

There are at least a few on here that have the 330RSTS. As for us, we have a 2017 and there isn't much we don't like about it in regards to it's general layout. And the changes to the 2018 make it even more so.

1. Made the shutoff valves for the washer water lines more easily accessible for winterizing/bleeding those lines. I plan on reworking those water lines and make the valves much more accessible by either moving them back into the pass thru or extend the lines and install a washer water line inset panel in the closet. The way they come, you have to remove pretty much anything you have on that side of the front pass thru storage, gently pull the pex water lines down and work the shutoff valves one at a time, down thru the hole in the pass thru and attach a hose to the valves to bleed/winterize them without getting water all over the front pass thru.

2. The vent in the ceiling over the sofa is only a passive vent. Ideally, I think they should have put that vent above the kitchen instead of in the back of the trailer over the sofa and made it a powered vent instead of a passive vent. I am going to install a powered vent in place of the passive vent.

3. Provided more protection and easier access to the battery tray. There is a spot on the A frame where you can put one battery box behind the tongue jack. But if you choose the residential refrigerator option or want more than one battery, the only place to put them is in a tray that Jayco added underneath the propane tanks. In order to access/maintain those batteries you have to remove the propane tank panel, disconnect and physically take the tanks out to get to them. And with the tray basically underneath the propane tanks and lower than anything else in the front of the trailer, it also make the batteries more exposed to road hazards or other things that could kick up from underneath. I plan on installing some sheet metal to the front and bottom of that tray to help protect the batteries a little more.

Overall, we couldn't be happier with our 330RSTS and am sure that anyone that does will enjoy it as much as we do.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #3

Yeah I don't have one but I do love that floor plan.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #4

We love ours we ordered what we wanted and picked it up in Iowa.
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:53 AM   #5

We have the 2018 330 and love it. Pulls great easy setup with the auto level system just push a button. We put two bar stools into it for use at the center island. With two us this is more unit then we need but It's like have a condo traveling with you. This is our third jayco and feel it's the best of the three. When we owned each of the 3 at the time felt that the TT was the best. Jayco just keeps getting better and better.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:11 AM   #6

rodro123 # 3 Jayco for us also , Good idea on the bar stools ! never thought of that we took our grandkids camping and could have used them !
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #7

Our is great .Also got for the layout .Pulls like a 5th .
Anderfogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #8

Where the pics guys?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote