Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 04:23 AM   #1

Organizing Ideas

Was wondering if anyone has set up a good system for organizing the under belly storage area. It certainly is a large area for storing everything from chairs, tables, umbrellas, tools, etc....but all seems to constantly be moving around if everything is stacked on top of each other. There must be a better way! We have a '16 Pinnacle RSQS. Thanks!
rinkside7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:07 AM   #2

I bought some of those plastic storage containers in various sizes. I have one for plumbing stuff (Hoses, water pressure regulator, y-valve, sewer hose, etc), one for electrical, one for miscellaneous repair tools (Grease gun, Dicor, Permabond, etc)...Etc. Etc..

They stack nicely, don't move around, and I know what to grab when I need something. They work really well. I bought them at Wal-Mart.

Slick trick for inside the camper we came up with: Bought some food storage organizers (Think open top, low side trays). They look like ice holders for your freezer. We use them for all of our "Loose" food items....Spices, etc. They keep everything from moving around on the shelves both inside the fridge and in the cabinets while traveling. They work really well and are made of hard ABS plastic so they are light.
Fishermanbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #3

We follow this simple rule... Heavy stuff goes low.. Light stuff in the upper storage compartments.

Keeping the Center of gravity as low as possible helps how it handles on the road.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #4

Storage

Not to organized 2 chairs,grill,ladder,shore cord,2 blue totes,and shes pretty full! Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #5

Pinterest.com look at their ideas. I found some great ones for inside and basement storage
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #6

We use totes for everything in the front storage / basement. Different totes for different purposes. All potable water related stuff has it's own tote. Any grey / black tank related stuff has another crate. I keep these on opposite sides of the 'basement' to minimize any cross contamination concerns. My black tank flush hose for example never comes in contact with anything potable related.. those collapsible garden hoses are perfect for that by the way

Anyway, everything is in a crate. Makes loading / unloading easy and at least easier to find stuff when on site. I used a label maker to clearly identify the purpose of each crate. We use small ones inside too for things like USB chargers, AA batteries, etc. I hate having stuff rolling around.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermanbb View Post
I bought some of those plastic storage containers in various sizes. I have one for plumbing stuff (Hoses, water pressure regulator, y-valve, sewer hose, etc), one for electrical, one for miscellaneous repair tools (Grease gun, Dicor, Permabond, etc)...Etc. Etc..

They stack nicely, don't move around, and I know what to grab when I need something. They work really well. I bought them at Wal-Mart.

Slick trick for inside the camper we came up with: Bought some food storage organizers (Think open top, low side trays). They look like ice holders for your freezer. We use them for all of our "Loose" food items....Spices, etc. They keep everything from moving around on the shelves both inside the fridge and in the cabinets while traveling. They work really well and are made of hard ABS plastic so they are light.

Do you have pics of all of that? Trying to figure out what size I will need for the sewer hose? Does it fold down compact when not in use? We are new to this so don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfamilyof3 View Post
Do you have pics of all of that? Trying to figure out what size I will need for the sewer hose? Does it fold down compact when not in use? We are new to this so don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Question wasn't directed at me, but you should probably store your sewer hose in the rear bumper. Your bumper should have plastic caps on the end that come out - and you'll want to buy better ones because the hard plastic ones that Jayco provides are notorious for falling off. Another option - One of my buddies bought a section of PVC pipe that is big enough in diameter to contain his hose, strapped it to the frame of his 5th wheel and he stores the hose in there. I wouldn't store my sewer hose inside the basement storage area. Just thinking about a poopie pipe underneath my bed would cause some psychological problems on its own, but more importantly, it makes a lot more sense to store it in close proximity of your dump valves.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Totes for separate categories as stated above.
I bought some at Costco, they came as a stack of 3 or 4.
Worked out great.
Yes, sewer hose calapses and fits into one tote with other misc parts.
I think this is what I bought recently.

https://www.costco.com/Storex-Portab....11518087.html

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:19 PM   #10

Similar to the others, I use crates/totes for everything too. I now store my primary sewer hose in a PVC fence post that I bolted to the frame and the spare/extension in the bumper - not sure either option would work for you though as the Pinnacle as already fairly low and IIRC there is no rear bumper. Prior to the fence post/bumper I stored the sewer hoses in totes, but kept those (and anything else related to waste water) in the front basement area (no generator), well away from anything potable
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote