Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
I値l agree that if a part failed, then replacement of the part is all you should expect to see. But I知 not talking about a part or component failure. What I知 getting at is somebody who is doing their job in a 選t痴 Friday and I don稚 give a damn' manner.

Also, I understand that even though things are done correctly, sometimes things still fail and need to be redone. But I am trying to differentiate between work that is properly done which fails later, and work that is done incorrectly and is wrong from the start. A responsible party who does their work in a sloppy fashion should be responsible for any after effects. In my profession, I am held accountable for the soundness and quality of my work. Failure to do so and I risk having the FAA pull my license or even worse, harm could occur to those who might later fly on the airplane. That being said, I expect no more from others than what is expected from me. Maybe that helps explain my frustration in this matter. I am also pretty sure Jayco has a quality assurance or control department. Since both production and quality assurance failed to detect the condition, I am very hesitant to place blame on the dealer since they were at least 3rd in line in catching problems. The dealer all along has been good is doing what they can to make me happy.

Now I知 not trying to make a big deal out of an isolated issue either. This matter seems part of a trend. The water heater was not the only thing I've found since bringing the trailer home. There were several, mostly were minor issues I fixed myself or just decided to overlook. But not all of them where minor in my book: see Are there things you'd like Jayco to change/ Better quality control at the factory. This is our 3rd new Jayco camper purchased since 2000. The number of issues on this one far exceed those found of the other two combined.

As far as catching the problem during the PDI, I can't say exactly what was, and what wasn't looked at. I didn't see a completed PDI checklist. I was shown through the trailer during the walk-thru. And since I am an experienced TT owner, we focused on those things I did not have on my previous trailer like dual tank water system, power awning, slideout, rear sliding cargo rack and electric stab jacks. But I'm willing to bet that water heater gas hoses are now getting a little more scrutiny during the PDI.

Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote