Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
We bought our Jayco because of reputation, pleasing look, and quality. Also love the fit and finish.
We were unable to see one in our area. All local dealers would order one for us. I am stubborn!! I want to see and feel what I am buying BEFORE I purchase, not after.
We were in Illinois on vacation and decided to drive over to Middlebury, Indiana and go through the factory. We were impressed to say the least. Our guide made a phone call, and told us where there was one located on our way home.
We stopped in Southhaven, Mississippi on the way home and bought on the spot. They knew we were coming and had it ready for us when we got there.
Might add that we feel we got it for a more than fair price.
Jayco has been very willing to work with us on warranty issues and upgrades and we are very satisfied with our Jayco.

Lee and Diane
2008 Jayco FS36 bunk model/entertaiment center
2009 Jeep Patriat toad
Retired and enjoying new grandson
leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
I bought my Jayco because of the good reputation they have. I understand that they do not use a Lippert frame, and I have read untold horror stories about them. I heard about their fantastic customer service. I got to experience that customer service when I emailed and got an owners manual for my 1995 Designer. It also had a fantastic floor plan with a BIG shower.

rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #13
I have 27BH and am selling it to get a bigger Jayco. Quality craftsmanship, great reputation for excellent customer service, 2 year warranty and most importantly my wife loves the floorplan on the 32BHDS.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #14
Site Team
Originally Posted by usmc616 View Post
I have 27BH and am selling it to get a bigger Jayco. Quality craftsmanship, great reputation for excellent customer service, 2 year warranty and most importantly my wife loves the floorplan on the 32BHDS.
Is that the one without the slide? I saw two people on our 5 week trip back east with the model that didn't have the slide. They really regretted not getting the slide. I know that having even just that extra 1 1/2 feet makes a big difference.

What are you going to upgrade to?
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt

CLICK HERE to save 30% $$ or more off your next Jayco RV
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
When we were looking for a 5th wheel we looked at a used Designer. We really liked it but it over grossed our F 250. We went with a Forest River Cardinal an 2005, but the Designer was stick in my head. Well we retired this year and the Designer poped out again. Well we toured the plant twice with a great tour from John McDonald (Jayco ) I was sold on the Amish Workers at the plant.
I did a rally in the Cardinal plant with 35 Cardinal owners. The joint looked like they didn'y own a Broom. Now I won't say you could eat off the floor at Jayco but the 3 second rule would apply. We knew the Jayco was going to be our choice and Campland RV was our dealer (our sales girl delt with me for 5 months I told her I don't do anything FAST ) We looked at floor models in a 500 mile radious of the house as nobody stocks any Designers. Well we are very happy with our choice!!!!
Well after all that I took our unit in for service before Thanksgiving and we are still waiting ( we think some time this week ) I ordered the remote control for the slides and they are fighting the switches. I'm sure they will get the bugs out as we want to Snow Bird soon Texas.

Wayne & Marti ....Yogi the spoiled Dog
2012 Ford Lariat 4WD PSD Dually LB, Aux Tank 50 gal
2010 Designer 37 RLQS, 5th Airbourne w/Sidewinder
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #16
Thumbs up 08 Seneca

Owned a 28 ft class C in 1978, Loved it.
Great looks
New prior year leftover(great price)
Heavy chassis with great handling.
rhadley6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #17
We researched for almost 2 years, and the minute we walked in to the 26BH the search was over... Floorplan, 2 yr warranty, excellent dealer experience, and a really good show price!
Patrick and Ivania

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #18
When we bought our G2 31RKS, it was the floor plan that we wanted. We wanted the largest coach that our budget would give us and the best warranty on the product. The Jayco won out after several months of looking and dealing with different Dealerships in our area.

We originally bought the coach to enjoy at our local CG during the year and to travel after we retire. Since owning now for a year and a half, we've sold our house and are getting ready to buy another Jayco to fulltime in, get paid off in the next 5 to 6 years, then hit the road and enjoy RVing around the country..

We hope to make a deal on a new 2009 Legacy in the next month and start fulltiming in November.

Regards, Hamshog
HamsG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
Why Jayco?

After having very bad experiences with our last two TT we did a lot of looking. The Jayco reputation, 2 year warranty and overall quality sold us. Also , the floor plan was the one we had been wanting for the past 4 years. Just wish spring would get here so we can use it!
f00d30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #20
Originally Posted by yogi154 View Post
(our sales girl delt with me for 5 months I told her I don't do anything FAST )
Ha ha. We took so long at the Jayco dealer, that the first salesman had quit, and we had to get another!

Actually, we were looking seriously for about two and a half months and planning on it for over three years. An RV is not a necessity item, so no rush.

What's funny is that after relocating to Las Cruces from Florida and getting settled in for a few months, we started our travel trailer search again. My wife identified several floorplans that the "local" Camping World had, and the 26BH was one of the them. Interestingly, one was sitting inside the dealership at the time, so was the very first model we went into. We also looked at a similar floorplan in a Dutchmen, but already just had this innate sense that the Jayco seemed better and nicer.

We spent the next couple of months making repeated trips to five different dealers, looking closely at different brands and models. My wife said she didn't understand why I seemed obsessed with the Jayco, but it appeared it was going to cost more than we wanted to spend. We made up our mind and headed to a dealer across the highway from the Camping World to make a purchase of another make and model which shall remain nameless lest it embarrass me, but we were quoted a price we were comfortable with. We took one last look at that trailer, and my wife tried the main bed and hung quite a few inches off the end. She found it quite uncomfortable. I had been e-mailing the Jayco salesman that week. I told him what else we were looking at and at what price and asked if he could come close to matching it. He insisted that the Jayco was a much better quality item than the other. After that, I spent a lot of time making a detailed list of construction features, and even though they seemed equivalent to me, something was nagging me in my mind about possible quality differences. I think we were done when my wife tested the bed. I never liked the U-shaped dinette in that model. I thought it would be an indefinite time before we purchased anything. I suggested we go back across the highway and take another look at the Dutchmen, which would have been less expensive that the Jayco. After looking at the Dutchmen, I asked the salesman to look at the Jayco again. At this point, I was leaning toward the Dutchmen because of the affordability, but now my wife wouldn't let go of the Jayco. We got them to run some numbers on the Jay Flight. OK....I'll go for that, but my wife told them she was uncomfortable still, and would be contented if they took another $1000-1500 off (I was amazed that this was my quiet, gentle wife playing hard ball). $1500 off would match the Dutchmen price, so I didn't think they'd do that, so asked for another $1000, and they came back and said they could do it. It was only a couple thousand more than the other model we had set out that day to buy, but we were confident that we had bought a much better unit.

So we ended up with the very first camper we looked at.

Take it for what it's worth, considering where it's coming from, but after we finished all of the paperwork, the salesman said he was very pleased that we got the Jayco vs. the Dutchmen or the one across the street. He was certain it was a much better product, but he really couldn't say that before concerning the Dutchmen, should we have chosen that one instead.

RedOrGreen is offline   Reply With Quote