Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #11
One of our cats has bad allergies. He sneezes a lot and once many years ago we had bought one of those plug in air fresheners because my wife had a coupon. He got all flaky and was chewing the hair off the base of his tail. The only change was the air freshener. We now have to give a pill every few days to help control his allergies.

That said, allergies in pets are pretty common. I'd gas out that trailer as much as possible and get the dog into the vet and see what they say.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #12
When I was finishing my basement my dog had developed small bumps all over with the dander. She has short hair otherwise I probably won't have noticed the bumps. What I found that caused this was the 2x4 studs. Once all the saw dust was cleaned up and the sheetrock was on the symptoms went away. Same thing happened with my uncle's dog.

2014 6.6L Duramax 2500hd CrewCab
2011 x23b
05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:34 AM   #13
Originally Posted by Vaneta View Post
When an illness, etc occurs, you look at changes that might have been a cause so here goes. On the third day my two dogs and I spent in our new 21FBS WhiteHawk, I noticed my golden retriever was really shedding large white flakes. She had never had skin problems before. I gave her a bath in shampoo I had used before (she had had a rare "spa" shampoo a couple weeks before so I thought they might have used something that caused it) but it didn't go away. Now that we've been in the camper 3 weeks, with no exaggeration, it looks like she has snow on her. My other dog has some flakes too but I'm wondering if he's just picking up what is dropping off her. Her skin looks normal.

So I've heard some people are sensitive to stuff (is it formaldehyde?) in new campers and have to air it out a lot. I haven't smelled anything but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen with a pet in a new unit?
I had sorta the same problem as our toilet doubled as the dogs water bowl, I figured he was getting dandruff from drinking the trailer water as every time he came in white stuff was all over him.. Then one day as I was dumping the neighbors bbq that I use when he goes in for the night I noticed him rolling in the white ashes... Long story short.. Watch him when he goes outside and don't dump your neighbors ashes close to your trailer.. Cheers.

Dash, Marie & Tazzie ( short for the devil from Tazmania) English bull terrier.
2014 Eagle 316RKDS
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
When I pass on I want it to be like my grandpa in my sleep... Not like the screaming folks in the car with him..
The Dster is offline   Reply With Quote