Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #11
The fresh water tanks on our 2015 28BHBE equalize through a 1.25" line at the bottom and 2 .5" lines at the top. The tanks also can float around a bit in their mount system. I stabilized my tanks with high density foam so they wont shift. Also, if you put shutoff valves on the overflow lines, and open them when filling, but close them when travelling, you retain all the water you put in your tanks. ( i lost 1/3rd of my capacity in 200 miles).
Happy Camping

'07 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD XC LB SRW 4X2.
Powerstop Brakes on all corners.
'15 JayFlight 28BHBE Elite Fibreglass
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #12
Northern Jay, You didn't by any chance take any pictures of all that while you were in there did you? All I've done is pull the access to the slide motor, and took a few pictures of what I could see from there before I dig in deeper.

John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-8 / Little John-5 / Iva-1+
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4, CC LB PSD, DRW
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #13
Also remember that Jayco counts the 8 gallons in your water heater as part of your fresh water capacity, even though that amount is NEVER available for your use. You have to have water in your FW tank to push the water in your water heater out to your faucets and when your FW tank is empty there are still 8 gallons of water in your water heater.

As others have said, Jayco trailers (especially the two FW tank set ups) have a problem with overflow leakage/siphoning. Put a shut off valve on the overflows and solve that problem. Just remember to open it when filling, close it when full and travelling, and re-open at the campsite when using water (this last part is important, because the 2nd tank uses the overflows as a vent to let air in as water is drawn out. I forgot to do this one time, and when I remembered to open it, the tank made a several second gurgle and gasp as air got sucked up into the tank.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:40 AM   #14
May be creating an air lock, try reducing the flow speed?
Jayco_ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #15
On my 33RLDS the filler hose fills the front 40 gallon tank and the sensors are in the second tank.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS travel trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel with 60 gallon auxilary bed mounted fuel tank, Honda EU3000 generator.
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote