Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2015, 07:05 AM   #61
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Is that the empty or max weight of the TT? Add the clothes, food, and other nessesities to the trailer on the day of camping, and that weight will easily reach over the 5000 lb mark.
4950# is the max weight of the 23B. Empty weight is around 4200#

charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #62
We have an v6 4Runner and a x20e.
The 4Runner pulls the trailer like it's not there, that being said we live in the flat lands and I cannot speak for mountains. We are within our tow limits by manf.
The x20e had a movable ottoman that makes it so you do not have to jump over or climb onto the dinette bench to get into the front bunk.
We chose the back bunk because it's the most secluded from the rest of the camper.
Have fun with whatever you guys pick!

Itsmeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:30 AM   #63
The wife and I had similar reservations on the dinette in front of the bunk after many years and miles with a popup. We went to an RV show in 2011 and saw the x23j. We got excited to see the dinette to the side and were thrilled but not ready to buy. The following year we went again and found the same dealer and and a hybrid but the dinette was back in front of the bunk. We were greatly disappointed. After talking to the dealer, one of them realized that they would be having a x23j coming in in trade. A few months later they called when it came in. We checked it out and it was in mint condition. We decided to buy and didn't haggle with the price because it was what we wanted. (Probably paid too much) The dealer was very accommodating and told us he would give us whatever we needed to get camping that summer. He was convinced that my wife's 6 cyc. trailblazer could tow it. After some research, I was not comfortable with the idea and thought my 8cyc f150 would be a better fit. Called the dealer and stated my concerns but the pu didn't have a hitch. He had us come in early on pick up day so they could install a hitch and brake controller at no charge. Even threw in some towing mirrors. We are still very happy with our decision. The p.u. tows it well, even with the small v8 4.6L engine. If we decide to turtle, we know the dinette drops into a bed that we can both snuggle up to in. Unfortunately, Jayco stopped making the floorplan so to find it you may have to buy used. Hope you are as lucky as we were.
Jayco Jay Feather x23j
2011 F150 4X4 Screw, 5.0, 3.55 rear axle, 6.5' bed.
marshvegasmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #64
just picked up the 2015 x23b didnt know it already had LED lights inside and out saves me some cash to spend in other areas
lastdemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #65

I think that's the way all the new Jaycos come now.
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #66
Originally Posted by lastdemo View Post
just picked up the 2015 x23b didnt know it already had LED lights inside and out saves me some cash to spend in other areas
Congrats...Picked up our x23b couple weeks back and had our first trip out last weekend ..It was great..

Kyirish is offline   Reply With Quote