Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #1

Angry Unlevel floor on 2016 Melbourne 24L

Has anyone had to deal with the manufacturing defect of an unlevel causing the slide out to grind on the floor? It revealed it self after 11 weeks on the road. Looking back it was a growing noise that we watched and happily took action before any damage. We are surprised nobody wants to take a run at repairing it. Any experience out there with slides and floors??

Safetysnoaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #2

Perhaps it's not an un-level floor but a mis-adjusted slide?
If you look at it all from the outside with the slide closed does everything match up such as stripes and molding?

abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #3

Yes we did check the slide for fit and squareness every time and the sound kept getting worse. We took it in to a Camping World because the local Jayco Dealer said he would not work on it. The tech at camping world identified the bow in the floor. I now have Jayco warranty service talking to Camping World about what to do next. I am sure Engineering will be involved. The 24L has a 14' slide on the Sprinter frame. This is new to Jayco. It is a wonderful unit and very versatile. Thanks for the tip about the slide.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #4

That's a wide slide out for a 24-25' RV. Do you stay level side to side when you extend the slide. Not that it has any bearing on your problem just curious.
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #5

You get the picture. Yes we level up fore and aft then side to side before we send the slide out. We have been consistent with that setup check point. The odd thing is the weight of the slide creates a 3 degree list to the port side. So we are setting up the port side to be a little high then when the slide goes out everything is perfectly level. We have just ordered the HWH leveling system for the Sprinter which should eliminate our listing because we won't be resting on the suspension. Stay tuned for news at 11. Thanks for your interest, Dale
Old 08-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #6

Let me know how the HWH system works out for you. I know you just ordered but here is another choice that I have been looking at.

Bullseye Leveling System at a Discount! - Sprinter-Forum
Also Sprinter-source.com is another forum good for your chassis issues and general RV issues on a Sprinter chassis. Mostly helpful and knowledgeable people like are here.
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #7

The HWH leveling system

We did get the HWH leveling system installed on the coach this past September. Wow what a difference. We pull in to a site to be as level as possible. Leave the coach idling, chalk up, then push a button. Bam we are level. Turn off the coach and then put out the slide and the stabilizers down. The rest of set up is a breeze. The huge benefit is because we are not resting on the suspension the coach does not list 3 degrees to the port when we put the slide out any more. It is still scraping the floor and Jayco has agreed to flying out a driver and taking it back to the factory to repair the floor. Then returning it to us in San Diego. From what I read in the warranty this is an exceptional action for them to take. So yeah for Jayco stepping up and Boo for having the manufacturing defect in the first place. I must say we love the coach because of the big slide and the openness it gives such a small coach. All I can say if anyone has a Melbourne 24L get the HWH leveling system.