Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
Smile Seneca Norcold Fridge problem brought on by myself.

Just a heads up for everyone going through a 18 wheeler truck wash. Don't forget to tell the washers not to spray up into or around the fridge vents! I made that mistake and as soon as I pulled out the bay I heard my refrigerator beeping. Fault code was LI-op. Luckily I was 10 miles from our summer home and plugged in to ac but no change. Looked it up on line and found a trick to resetting the hi-temp board with a magnet. Ironically a "refrigerator" magnet won't work. Went to hardware and got a strong magnet. Still didn't reset, so I figured board was wet. Called Jayco and they pleasantly said they couldn't do anything with accessory's but gave the number to Norcold. Norcold wouldn't send me the board being a "safety component" but sent me to a authorized service dealer right up the road, sent the part overnight and all is well. Kudos to Norcold and Jayco. Jayco rep said to call him back with the results good or bad so I'm calling him back first thing in the morning.

Buddy Brown

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
As They Should!

Glad you got that sorted. They SHOULD bend over backwards for you when it's resulting in a damaged thermal switch, however, I didn't have such a great experience. Might want to look at getting a safety switch put on as well. It will lengthen the lifespan of the refrigerator cooling unit. I installed mine at the same time as the switch. It's made by a company called ARP. It's a great safety add-on.

Here's where I got mine:
Norcold High Temperature Limit Switch V2.0 by ARPrv - The Norcold Guy

ledderonthego12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #3
I too washed my Seneca taking out the hi temp switch. Norcold is well aware of this problem, but still has not epoxy coated the circuit board protecting it from tripping when wet.
jsimonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
It looks like the actual component is pretty inexpensive. I guess all that you'd have to do is to put it in a waterproof enclosure...

DC12V 30 999℃ Digital High Temperature Control Switch Thermostat K Thermocouple | eBay
The Logan's
2016 Redhawk 26XD
Me, Dear Wife,
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #5
I've used the magnet trick and it works! My wife thinks I'm magic now.
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote

fridge, norcold, recall